• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the idea of day/night fixtures.

Had Surrey or Middlesex been at home today I'd have gone and watched them after work as a neutral.

This opens up the county championship to fans with jobs.

Especially with a progressive pricing policy. Essex CCC just tweeted (so around 5:30pm) that entry today now £10 for adults, £3 for children. That's very fair indeed.

Now, let's drive those Seaxes in to that soft Middle Saxon underbelly...

Decent days cricket for Essex. :thumbsup:

Achieving maximum bowling points, taking 7 wickets across the board at a cost of only 14 runs,....well done to Harmer again for his 5 wicket haul.

We finish the day 106 without loss. with Cook making 64 & Browne also approaching his half century. With a good days batting tomorrow, we should hopefully obtain 3 or maybe 4 batting points before the 110 overs, and put us in the driving seat.

Although early days, other results seem to be going quite well for us also, Surrey being 374-6 against Yorkshire, Lancashire being 273 all out & Hampshire declaring for 211.

Hopefully some play at 4.25
Lunch being taken now, sounds so weird at 3.45

Still raining in London though as I look out of the window

Hope Warwickshire can get something against Lancashire, they're digging in. Don't see any play today but tomorrow looks promising.

As Andy T has been of this thread's main contributors, and as he is unable to post on this one any longer, I'm now going to lock this thread. All chat about Essex CCC to go on a new thread, which will be named accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back