• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looks more like a Halloween party than a Christmas do. Leonard is obviously Mr Incredible, Coker the joker, Timlin the riddler and Payne Dr Evil. No idea who any of the others are, reckon Barrett might be the one in between Payne and Coker.

Last edited:
Looks more like a Halloween party than a Christmas do. Leonard is obviously Robin, Coker the joker, Timlin the riddler and Payne Dr Evil. No idea who any of the others are.

Can't be that obvious then :winking:

does anyone know who paid for this ?

If its the club then although a small thing it suggests that we are not totally potless

does anyone know who paid for this ?

If its the club then although a small thing it suggests that we are not totally potless

As so many of the squad have Irish origins then it is quite likely that they all stayed with an Auntie or two in Dublin. That would certainly have kept the price of the trip down.

I think it's an absolutely superb effort from the players. Years ago, only a few would turn up in fancy dress, even tho they all said they would. The make up has come on in leaps and bounds as well. Brilliant. Who cares if the club paid for it or towards it. But in the past, it was always out of the players own pocket, so probably still is.

I think it's an absolutely superb effort from the players. Years ago, only a few would turn up in fancy dress, even tho they all said they would. The make up has come on in leaps and bounds as well. Brilliant. Who cares if the club paid for it or towards it. But in the past, it was always out of the players own pocket, so probably still is.

Don't the players also use a kitty they build up over the year through fines for things like not wearing the correct training kit etc...

I think you are reading far too much in to my question of whether the club paid or not. I stated why I asked, there isn't anything deeper than that.

I think it's great to see. You can't beat a good old Xmas bash for a bit of team bonding. It's moments like those that make you close friends, aswell as teamates, and people who you'd put yourself on the line for when the chips are down in the future. Well done, lads. I hope you had a good time. You certainly deserve it ! :thumbsup:

I noticed that David Mooney has an dig at his old club, Orient from last year -:

David Mooney: "I think it’s the best Christmas party I’ve ever had. Last year with Orient we had six people on the Sunday whereas here we had 30. It was different class and we had a great time. I went as He-Man and it’s the first time in my life I’ve ever had a set of muscles."

Any wonder they got relegated :smile::hilarious::happy:

Back