• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nope. Scriven and Westcliff Shrimper back in 2001. I then came on board in 2002, then Leeboy joined me, then after that, a bunch of people including Ken and Cricko.

Then the next time your train is late, look in the mirror pal. :winking:

Oi!!! :thump: Could have easily been one of many stereotypes - female, BMW or Audi driver, boy racer, old git! Or then it could have been an ordinary driver who just didn't fancy stopping! As it goes, I see far more men put their foot down to get over a light than women! :raspberry:

Yeah fair enough.Except the driver who neary ran me over,as I described,was female.

I'm guessing the driver concerned might just have been female?

I remember -as a pedestrian-crossing the road, just in front of a clear stop sign, (for oncoming traffic), a few years back.(This was just before my 9 am company class in SC-which,of course, also co-incided with the school run .The lady driver concerned (I assume) meant to put her foot on the brake but she hit the accelerator instead.The result was I ended up on the bonnet of her car.I wasn't amused.:nope:

Yeah fair enough.Except the driver who neary ran me over,as I described,was female.

Just because one female made a mistake doesn't mean it will always be a female. I didn't expect something so sexist from you.

Sadiq Khan has mentioned that Euston isn't the right place for HS2, and maybe the terminus should be Old Oak Common....that'll help kill the vanity line. :happy:

Sadiq Khan has mentioned that Euston isn't the right place for HS2, and maybe the terminus should be Old Oak Common....that'll help kill the vanity line. :happy:

Let me guess, in the spirit of "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy", is he suggesting we move Euston?

I see Mr Khan has already said he may not be able to build the affordable houses he has promised, blaming Boris for lack of money. Of course when Boris arrived in office he blamed Ken.

No politician can ever deliver the houses they promise and they absolutely know this but voters continue to be conned. We need to go back to a government funded programme of council house building. It is not in the interest of the private sector to solve the housing shortage.

Not exactly, he is suggesting Old Oak be used as a stop gap while more constitation takes place.

Indeed. Your saving of 30 minutes from London to Brum might be soured slightly when it's another 30 minutes on some clapped out old EMU into Euston.

Back