• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I also saw it on twitter (football league zone)
Im not reading much into though, especially after the last 7 conceeded in 2 games, there are more realistic options available to them especially lower league placed championship clubs, such as Blackburn or broke Bolton for example.

Im not reading much into though, especially after the last 7 conceeded in 2 games, there are more realistic options available to them especially lower league placed championship clubs, such as Blackburn or broke Bolton for example.

These last 2 games haven't done his value any favours.

I'm glad you're not conducting any negotiations (should it come to that). I can hear it now, "There you go Mr. Big Sam, have him for nothing, he's just let in 7 goals ya know."

I'm glad you're not conducting any negotiations (should it come to that). I can hear it now, "There you go Mr. Big Sam, have him for nothing, he's just let in 7 goals ya know."

LOL
Can you imagine...

Big Sam: I will give you £2 million for him
Me: Thats haggle..
Big Sam: Ok, 1 million...
Me: I'll take a new bulb for the floodlights, a packet of cheese & Onion crisps, and a curly wurly.
Big Sam: Done.. Thats shake on it.

In hindsight I should should have demanded a yoyo as well, I think my negotiating skills are a bit rusty, since my "wheeling and dealing" days in the junior school playground!!

:smile:

Last edited:

If Sunderland like the look of him and Kevin Ball certainly did then they won't be bothered in the slightest about 7 goals conceded. Only in fans minds does his value change by the minute.

I wonder if a move to a club so far up north would interest him?

LOL
Can you imagine...

Big Sam: I will give you £2 million for him
Me: Thats haggle..
Big Sam: Ok, 1 million...
Me: I'll take a new bulb for the floodlights, a packet of cheese & Onion crisps, and a curly wurly.
Big Sam: Done.. Thats shake on it.

In hindsight I should should have demanded a yoyo as well, I think my negotiating skills are a bit rusty, since my "wheeling and dealing" days in the junior school playground!!

:smile:

You could also push for onions for the burgers :smile:

I think it relates to this......someone saw big Sam going in here in Newcastle this morning. He was overheard saying something like "quite fancy a Bentley meself..."
.bentley-mulsanne-mulliner-vat-qualifying-136365903-1.jpg

Ideal. Sunderland buy him now and loan him back for the rest of the season. That way Bentley will be ready to be no.1 for Sunderland in the Championship next season. :smile:

I would sell him and probably take £1.25M. He has been a different keeper this season (worse) and his heart is clearly not in it after us blocking his QPR move last year. Ted Smith is a great keeper with a fantastic future and has a good understudy even at 20 years old so now would be the time for me to sell. I like Bentley he has been superb for us over the years but its right for him and the club to sell now before we get next to nothing for him at the end of the season.

I would sell him and probably take £1.25M. He has been a different keeper this season (worse) and his heart is clearly not in it after us blocking his QPR move last year. Ted Smith is a great keeper with a fantastic future and has a good understudy even at 20 years old so now would be the time for me to sell. I like Bentley he has been superb for us over the years but its right for him and the club to sell now before we get next to nothing for him at the end of the season.

He's had a couple of dodgy games, that doesn't mean his heart is no longer in it. On Boxing Day we probably would have been at least 2 goals down at half time if it wasn't for him.

Back