• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum

How are you voting?

• Leave

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Remain

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes I saw that.Thought it was a good point by Andrew Neil.Like to see the research though.

Then The Politics Show is an ***.

Are people seriously not worried about the economies of many European countries.

Surely if you live in Spain you can see that.

The European economies are blighted by the Euro, which is a political solution to an economic problem and all it will cause is misery and suffering - just ask the Greeks - and if it hangs on long enough the Spanish.

The antics of the EU and in particular the issues caused by the Euro are a breeding ground for fascism.

Still the IMF, the CBI and Cameron want in so it must be OK for the right wing.

The Politics show (yes I know, caught it for a few minutes) summed it up nicely.

Those who say they will vote remain are worried about the economy.
Those who say they will leave are worried about immigration.

And the economy would recover in a year or two, because it always does but how would immigration ever recover - it wouldn't because we'd have lost the right to control it how it should be controlled.

The EU debate is getting very odd:- Nicola Sturgeon has spoken as the voice of reason, warning about too many warnings of doom by the Remain campaign!:omg:

And the economy would recover in a year or two, because it always does but how would immigration ever recover - it wouldn't because we'd have lost the right to control it how it should be controlled.

I didn't realise you were an economist. Please explain how the economy would recover. I think this is another example of what the remain camp call naivety of the leave campaign, i.e. everything will work out. For me it would be better if they came out and said, "there is a good chance that the economy would falter, but we'll all get used to a lower standard of living, and in our opinion it'll be worth it because we would gain in other ways..."

Then The Politics Show is an ***.

Are people seriously not worried about the economies of many European countries.

Surely if you live in Spain you can see that.

The European economies are blighted by the Euro, which is a political solution to an economic problem
and all it will cause is misery and suffering - just ask the Greeks - and if it hangs on long enough the Spanish.

The antics of the EU and in particular the issues caused by the Euro are a breeding ground for fascism.

Still the IMF, the CBI and Cameron want in so it must be OK for the right wing.

You make some good points.2/10. :winking:

I didn't realise you were an economist. Please explain how the economy would recover. I think this is another example of what the remain camp call naivety of the leave campaign, i.e. everything will work out. For me it would be better if they came out and said, "there is a good chance that the economy would falter, but we'll all get used to a lower standard of living, and in our opinion it'll be worth it because we would gain in other ways..."

So just to be clear if anyone has an opinion on the EU financial debate they have to be an economist.....except of course you or anyone voting to remain.

Is it OK if we've studied Economics (up to "A" level at least)? :winking:

Perhaps then with your A level in economics (assuming you passed), you would be able to explain in an era of austerity how you expect UK infrastructure which in many areas is completely under funded...is expected to cope with the extra burden migration brings?

Additionally it is a fact that the EU is the worst economic trading zone in the world, perhaps you could explain how anchoring ourselves to the EU economically is better than Brexit?

Feel free to use your extensive knowledge of economics to provide the answers rather than duck the question and post spurious links.

You make some good points.2/10. :winking:

Why thanks old chap - praise indeed.

Now how about an answer on where you stand on last week's question,'Do you stand four square with the EU on the TTIP?'..............and no obfuscation around whether or not it will happen please - just your opinion on this particular EU edict.

Back