• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum

How are you voting?

• Leave

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Remain

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks. I have good friends who voted out, they're still good friends. However two colleagues who've known each other for 25+ years had to be seperated at a works drink up as they were about to get physical over it.

You probably done the right thing and separated them because I once got physical with a colleague after a works drink. The relationship never worked out, as is often the case in such circumstances :winking:

I have heard some sad/funny stories about families I know that have had fall outs over the result. [B said:
Usually the younger generation falling out with dad
That comment reminded me of something quite funny I saw on Facebook last week, and I think it sum's it up perfectly......

" The younger generation that complained that the older generation had ruined their future, are the same people who are now spending all their time running around the streets chasing imaginary creatures called Pokemon on their mobile phones"

This is one of the better analyses I've read on it
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v38/n15/john-lanchester/brexit-blues

If it's too long for you (and I'd suggest it's worth reading in full), at least read the final paragraph.

The last paragraph is particularly interesting, as it reaches a conclusion that would suit many on the remain side.
It's a sort of I told you so, even though at present we haven't worked out what our relationship with the EU will be.

The article pays scant regard to the EU itself, despite the author having an in depth knowledge of the Euro and Greek debt crisis.

For me it wasn't the scornful last paragraph that was poignant, but this one;

One of the most important ideas to emerge from micro-economics – or at least, the one with the most consequences for democratic politics – is ‘loss aversion’. People hate to have things taken away from them. But whole swathes of the UK have spent the last decades feeling that things are being taken away from them: their jobs, their sense that they are heard, their understanding of how the world works and their place in it. The gaps in our society have just grown too big.

My God that's a sad indictment on the IMF. I wonder if those Remainers that were quite happy to quote their doom laden predictions pre Brexit are quite so keen to espouse their impartiality and proffessionalism now?

Yes.There's trouble in store.Watch this space in the next couple of years.:winking:

Care to explain?

My God that's a sad indictment on the IMF. I wonder if those Remainers that were quite happy to quote their doom laden predictions pre Brexit are quite so keen to espouse their impartiality and proffessionalism now?

As MG quite correctly pointed out, they appear to have got their prediction incorrect.
I'm more concerned with the bare faced lies from your glorious leaders which many gullible people swallowed as being factual. It doesn't matter to me too much, in fact the way my health has been getting worse these last couple of years, I'm overjoyed the NHS is better off by £350 million a week as I will have no need to feel guilty having to go to A and E any more.

As MG quite correctly pointed out, they appear to have got their prediction incorrect.
I'm more concerned with the bare faced lies from your glorious leaders which many gullible people swallowed as being factual. It doesn't matter to me too much, in fact the way my health has been getting worse these last couple of years, I'm overjoyed the NHS is better off by £350 million a week as I will have no need to feel guilty having to go to A and E any more.

Why in God's name would you feel guilty for using the NHS?

Oh dear Lord, how many more times are we going to revisit that £350m for the NHS quote? Shall we start a whole new thread about both sides as to who said what, when they said it and how it all turned out to be bollocks because I'm damn sure that'll run for far more pages than this one has. Remain campaigners lied too. We've got over it. I suggest you do to :smile:

Care to explain?

I've said all along that the first figures for Q3 will be the ones to watch out for as an early indication of economic prospects under Brexit.Of course,they won't be out until early October.

The figures released for Q2 last week, which showed a welcome 0.6 increase in growth, (incidentally The Bank of England's forecast was 0.5,so not so far off), only included a one week post-Brexit snapshot,of course.

Certainly will be for you Europeans. What will Spain do when the likes of Holland and France vote out.

Don't think there's any realistic chance of France voting out.(Unless the FN came to power,which is extremely unlikely).I'm no expect on Dutch politics but I'd be suprised if there was even a refendum there.

Spain is still struggling to form a government and I predict further elections in November (making it 3 in a year).

In fact nothing much has changed anywhere yet since this excellent article in the FT (published the day after the referendum).

http://www.market-leader.net/subscription/membernews.asp?article=2497

Last edited:
Don't think there's any realistic chance of France voting out.(Unless the FN came to power,which is extremely unlikely).I'm no expect on Dutch politics but I'd be suprised if there was even a refendum there.

Spain is still struggling to form a government and I predict further elections in November (making it 3 in a year).

In fact nothing much has changed anywhere yet since this excellent article in the FT (published on the day of the referendum).

http://www.market-leader.net/subscription/membernews.asp?article=2497

I have just spoken to Marine Le Pen and she is absolutely delighted you have given her no chance :winking:

Remember what happened here with UKIP. You don't have to win, You just have to threaten to win to force a referendum.

I have just spoken to Marine Le Pen and she is absolutely delighted you have given her no chance :winking:

Remember what happened here with UKIP. You don't have to win, You just have to threaten to win to force a referendum.

I think she'll probably make the second round (as her Dad did back in the day).But she's got no real chance of becoming President of France next year.Thank God.

Last edited:
Back