• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown: Prosser not the only one who wants to leave

What i mean is that im sure he would probably rather go to a Southern based prem club. Of course Liverpool are a huge club in name, but they are hardly setting the world alight. I would have thought a move to say West Ham would be more preferrable for him

More chance of breaking into the first team at Liverpool. He's already streets ahead of Bogdan IMO and Mignolet is questionable. West Ham have Adrian who tbh is very, very good and Randolph who I know they weren't sure of but since his played in goal for Ireland he looks good also.

And as I mentioned in the post match thread, Brown was anonymous for much of the game on Saturday. Coughlan was in the technical area for the whole first half and Brown only popped out of the dugout towards the end of the game.

They said that on BBC Essex at the time, that he was sat at the back of the dugout most of the game (before losing his **** at the Lino when the penalty was given).

What i mean is that im sure he would probably rather go to a Southern based prem club. Of course Liverpool are a huge club in name, but they are hardly setting the world alight. I would have thought a move to say West Ham would be more preferrable for him

............ :facepalm: Surely you must be mistaken ............... :winking:

More chance of breaking into the first team at Liverpool. He's already streets ahead of Bogdan IMO and Mignolet is questionable. West Ham have Adrian who tbh is very, very good and Randolph who I know they weren't sure of but since his played in goal for Ireland he looks good also.

i'd agree with that totally, Dan would have a great chance to work not only with one of the best coaches in Europe (Klopp), but would also have the opportunity to transition in the the first eleven quickly. Bogdan is a calamity and Mignolet is too unreliable, i can see Klopp re-inventing Liverpool and if Dan has the opportunity to be part of that then I would say good luck to him.

my point is, Brown is prepared to cut Prosser from the squad for stating he doesn't want to be here. Bentley did the same thing but is still playing every week. Brown is deluded if he thinks he will get a better offer for Bentley in the summer than what was offered from QPR at the beginning of the season.

A tribunal will value Bentley a lot less than what the club values him at

Unfortunately for Luke he played like he didn't want to be here. Where as Bentley was MOM on Saturday. The scout from Celtic sitting near us on Saturday had come to see two Peterborough lads and Bentley as a kind of 3rd choice. Guess who impressed him the most.

A tribunal will have to take into account what has been offered in the past. There are deals where a club ends up much better off after a tribunal because of sell on fees etc. Who knows perhaps we are waiting for a club who will loan him back etc.

Fair to say PB and Ron probably know a bit more about than any of us.

i'd agree with that totally, Dan would have a great chance to work not only with one of the best coaches in Europe (Klopp), but would also have the opportunity to transition in the the first eleven quickly. Bogdan is a calamity and Mignolet is too unreliable, i can see Klopp re-inventing Liverpool and if Dan has the opportunity to be part of that then I would say good luck to him.

Think Klopp would be looking for far more experience though. Bogdan was a decent keeper at Bolton but agree the few games he has played fro Liverpool have been not great. Mignolet also was a very consistent keeper at Sunderland. Guess it just goes to show the pressure of moving to one of the so called bigger clubs. If Bentley went to Liverpool it would be a huge move for him but also Southend as a club. Dont see it happening at the moment. Liverpool need a huge rebuilding process and think that Klopp will look for experienced ready to hit the ground running type players

Wonder if Timlin is also on the list, would hate to see him leave, but he has been in and out with the likes of Atkinson and Deegan getting in ahead of him. For me our best two in the middle are Lenny and Timmo, obliviously PB sees things differently at the moment. Intresting to read also that Rea might be joining Luton on loan, thought PB wanted him back, yet he might end up at a mid table league two side instead

If that is true it is probably because of the remarks that Brown made round about the time Rea was due to go back. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I do recall Chris Hughton being seriously brassed off by it.

Unfortunately for Luke he played like he didn't want to be here. Where as Bentley was MOM on Saturday. The scout from Celtic sitting near us on Saturday had come to see two Peterborough lads and Bentley as a kind of 3rd choice. Guess who impressed him the most.

A tribunal will have to take into account what has been offered in the past. There are deals where a club ends up much better off after a tribunal because of sell on fees etc. Who knows perhaps we are waiting for a club who will loan him back etc.

Fair to say PB and Ron probably know a bit more about than any of us.

If Celtic wanted too, they could sign Dan now for nothing through a Pre contract agreement. We will need to be careful of that. As Rangers have just done it with Accrington Players Matt Crooks and Josh Windass. The football laws in Scotland allow them to do so.

If Celtic wanted too, they could sign Dan now for nothing through a Pre contract agreement. We will need to be careful of that. As Rangers have just done it with Accrington Players Matt Crooks and Josh Windass. The football laws in Scotland allow them to do so.
He'd be nuts to move to the SPL.

Guaranteed medals, Champions League/Europa League football, could easily be number 1 and would be pushing for the England squad, build a reputation there and then get a Premiership move.

You could easily argue that Gary Hooper would never have got a move to the Premiership if he hadn't have signed for Celtic.

If that is true it is probably because of the remarks that Brown made round about the time Rea was due to go back. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I do recall Chris Hughton being seriously brassed off by it.

Nathan Jones was recently working with Chris Hughton at Brighton so a loan move to Luton seems highly likely.

Could explain recent results and Brown's outbursts. Bentley to Liverpool also feasible (tho he did conceded 9 goals last time he was there!)....

Guaranteed medals, Champions League/Europa League football, could easily be number 1 and would be pushing for the England squad, build a reputation there and then get a Premiership move.

You could easily argue that Gary Hooper would never have got a move to the Premiership if he hadn't have signed for Celtic.

Snap hahahaha!

A stint in the SPL didn't do any harm for Fraser Forster.

Was shipped from pillar to post during his time at Newcastle, and then a couple of excellent seasons at Celtic Park threw him back into the limelight again. He is now Southampton's first choice and an England squad regular.

I wouldn't discount Celtic - massive Club playing in a **** poor league, which means he effectively gets L1/Champ standard practice week in, week out, but quadruples his pay packet overnight, and gets an opportunity to play European Football.

For my money, Celtic is a much better shout than Liverpool. I'm sorry, but nobody can say Dan is 'miles ahead' of Bogdan - this guy earned a move to Anfield by regularly performing at Championship level with Bolton. Approaching 30, he is now being shown up to have maybe peaked at that level, whereas Bentley will only get stronger and better - a Prem move for him now could crush his confidence, as he would be nothing more than a persistent bench warmer.

Bentley will not walk into a team in a higher division as a number 1 keeper. Never in a million years.

He needs to seriously consider what is best for his career progression. If I was him, I 'd rock up at a Peterborough, MK Dons or a team that is going to be a push for the championship or a bottom half of the league team.

Bentley will not walk into a team in a higher division as a number 1 keeper. Never in a million years.

He needs to seriously consider what is best for his career progression. If I was him, I 'd rock up at a Peterborough, MK Dons or a team that is going to be a push for the championship or a bottom half of the league team.

So, he stays then :smile:

Perhaps he could do with some life coaching from your good self.

I mean the last thing he needs to do is listen to any of these idiots from West Ham, Liverpool and Celtic who will offer to increase his pay by at least 15 times the amount he is on at Southend. What young man would want to end up on the bench and having to earn his place at a club like that.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Cheerio. Been poor ever since we signed him. People always say he has got better and this is true on the basis he cannot get much worse. So many better options out there.

We lost Crown and got Brett Angell it does not always need to be bad news that players want to go and I personally think most of the squad are easily replaceable.

Back