• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bit of nosing around reveals they have 300 left to sell of their second allocation, so they've sold around 1,700.

In that case we're looking at maybe 10,000+ crowd. With playing Coventry and Colchester in our next 2 home games we're looking at 20,000+ for both games. That's good going......

Joey Cole's leg protectors for Saturday have arrived at the Coventry club shop if anyone likes to follow the latest trends. Obviously Joe has a few fond memories of playing at Roots Hall before.

legs.jpg

Bentley
O'Neill Bolger Barratt Hendrie
Thompson
Timlin (if unfit Deegan) Leonard Atkinson
Hunt Barnett

Lacks a bit of width but Coventry are a very good side a way from home.
Frustrate them and break forward with speed but be very solid at the back.

Last Saturday at Peterborough we did not line up with 5 across the back. The two O neil and Hendrie played more wing back rolls

Not sure that playing the more defensive system will be the right decision for this game. The two downsides are 1) you are inviting a freescoring Coventry side to attack us regularly. 2) To play a counter attacking system successfully you usually need pace in your team, which we don't have.

Two ten 10k attendances back to back haven't been seen since our championship days I believe?

That said I doubt there will be 10k there saturday

I wasn't there, but on the radio Paul Clark said they lined up as you said, but when we were attacked it was 5 across the back as those two dropped into the full back positions.
Yes that's how it was and exactly what 3-5-2 should be if utilised correctly, the problem is so few teams have two wide players who can get up and down and have good enough defending and attacking abilities. Hendrie looks good enough, big question mark over O'Neill's defending still for me.

Bentley
O'Neill Bolger Barratt Hendrie
Thompson
Timlin (if unfit Deegan) Leonard Atkinson
Hunt Barnett

Lacks a bit of width but Coventry are a very good side a way from home.
Frustrate them and break forward with speed but be very solid at the back.

Haven't seen us do that since Straker left.

Well I don't think 5-3-2/ 3-5-2 is defensive unless you fill it up with defensive minded/instructed players. For me, radical as ever;

Bentley,

O'Neill, Thommo, Bolger, Barrett, Hendrie,

Leonard, Timlin, McQueen,

Payne, Barnett.

Did he play in the game at their place ? ;

National newspaper reports yesterday suggested Tottenham Hotspur were preparing to bid for Sky Blues talent James Maddison before the transfer window shuts.
However, City's boss has ensured fans that there is nothing to worry about and the club are yet to receive any formal approaches for the 19-year-old.
He said: “I don’t know about it because I don’t ready speculation. I don’t think there’s anything to worry about.
"No formal approaches. We talk on a regular basis to clubs and I think every club in the Premier League is aware of good players."

I wonder how Joe Cole will feel emotionally, coming back to rootshall? Baring in mind it was at rootshall where his career arguably ended at the top level. In the game vs Chelsea, Grant clattered him in front of the west stand and Cole done his ligaments in. He was never the same player after that, took ages to come back. Nevertheless, I never thought I'd see the day when triple premier league and champions league winner Joe Cole, would be playing against us in the league!

Nevertheless, I never thought I'd see the day when triple premier league and champions league winner Joe Cole, would be playing against us in the league!

We've had more decorated players turn out for us in the league.

Phil Gridelet and Ronnie Whelan formed a central midfield partnership with 6 League titles, 3 FA Cups, 3 League Cups and an European Cup between them.

Back