• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If anyone is still trying to justify th yellow,please look at the photo in today's Echo.

Not sure what a still photo, even more a still Echo photo, will tell me that I couldn't glean from watching the video several times !

His arm only seemed to work one way first half, gave a throw in to them when it clearly came off their player and also failed to give us a corner when it clearly took a deflection off our player. And also that corner of theirs where Dan "saved" behind the line above the goal and the lino gave it as a GK but the ref over ruled it as a corner! Was better second half but did feel he was a touch in their favour overall.

Do you mean their player? Otherwise that's a bit bonkers...

Also, does anyone else not think it was criminal that when greeted with an entire half of a pitch to run into with no-one within 30 yards of him, Atkinson looked as though he wanted to be caught as he was painfully slow, allowing them to get back and cover? T

Not sure what a still photo, even more a still Echo photo, will tell me that I couldn't glean from watching the video several times !
Yes,we all know the Echo is well-known for inaccuracies,Mick,.but this photo is at precisely the right moment to end all argument from anyone trying to cast any doubt on the dismal decision made.

No,the photo,taken from the opposite side of the pitch to the video,Mick,shows he was round the keeper and in full control of the ball when brought down.

To be fair, I think the guy playing in goal was bad enough, I doubt any of the 10 outfield players they had on would have been much worse.

My impression of the ref was that he wanted to be the star of the show and was a bit whistle happy.

Should Deegan have got the second yellow? YES (My friend and I discussed Deegan at half time and it was obvious what was coming so we were surprised Brown didn't replace him at half time).

Should their goalie have been given a straight red? YES (Even if they had a man on the line, imo it was still a clear goal scoring chance, especially as the defender can't legally handle it).

My impression of the ref was that he wanted to be the star of the show and was a bit whistle happy.

Should Deegan have got the second yellow? YES (My friend and I discussed Deegan at half time and it was obvious what was coming so we were surprised Brown didn't replace him at half time).

Should their goalie have been given a straight red? YES (Even if they had a man on the line, imo it was still a clear goal scoring chance, especially as the defender can't legally handle it).

Me and the people who sit around me were all saying the same things, ref bottled it with the GK as he knew they (CCFC) couldn't put a sub GK on.

To be fair, I think the guy playing in goal was bad enough, I doubt any of the 10 outfield players they had on would have been much worse.

I actually felt the Coventry defence were worse than the keeper. Look at the Burton goals from week before too. Therein
lies Coventrys Achilles heel. Keeper nervous due to them possibly. He pulled off wonder save in second half

Back