• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know we've had a bad few weeks but why make Rootshallbloke the scapegoat. You highlight his one mistake yet ignore others just because they are zone favourites. He as always been 100% committed to the zone and has certainly improved since his early postings.

I wish him well on the Northampton forum, where at least he will get regular threads. If he ever appears back on the zone I for one will like him.

Whilst I do agree with most of the sentiments you've expressed , I see RHB as a solid 'back up poster' at best.
If we really want to improve going forward , I can't see him getting much 'posting time'.
But as you say , he has improved immensely , so could go on to prove the doubters wrong.

I know we've had a bad few weeks but why make Rootshallbloke the scapegoat. You highlight his one mistake yet ignore others just because they are zone favourites. He as always been 100% committed to the zone and has certainly improved since his early postings.

I wish him well on the Northampton forum, where at least he will get regular threads. If he ever appears back on the zone I for one will like him.

Whilst I do agree with most of the sentiments you've expressed , I see RHB as a solid 'back up poster' at best.
If we really want to improve going forward , I can't see him getting much 'posting time'.
But as you say , he has improved immensely , so could go on to prove the doubters wrong.

Seems like my time on the Zone is coming to an end, probably down to my lack of polish and understanding. Oh well, FL2 club posting here I come, and in an attempt to get some practice in for the forthcoming slog, the pair of you can also **** right off. I feel better now:smiles:

Now joined on loan with a view to sign when his contract expires in the summer. Seems a bit odd as I thought a fee was involved, which isn't usually the case with loans at our level.

Good luck Luke. I appreciate all your efforts and the times you literally put your head in where it hurt. Harsh reality of football, he isn't up to League One standard in my opinion and got a new contract for sentimental value as he was part of a promotion squad.

Let's also bare in mind that in recent seasons especially last season Prosser hasnt never lossed his starting spot by playing badly, he's always lost it when he's had to off injured after booking his face, head, neck and back on the line in order to get 3 points.

He has improved massively since he joined and I wish him all the best, I actually think he's better than Bolger and no better or worse than Thompson.

Give it a year when he still can't get a game in League One

9uq5xt.jpg

Good luck young Luke - rated by Wilder for a while it seems ;

[h=3]The Cobblers have signed central defender Luke Prosser on loan from Southend United until the end of the season.
[/h]The 27-year-old has long been a target of Town boss Chris Wilder, who earmarked the former Port Vale man as the replacement for Lee Collins in the summer.
The Cobblers made an offer to buy Prosser in June, but the bid was turned down by Southend, and the deal died as Town’s off-field money problems began to bite.

But Wilder always maintained his interest in the player, who is a left-footed central defender, and with Prosser finding himself out of the first-team picture at Roots Hall he has swooped to get his man, admitting it is ‘better late than never’.

“Eventually we have signed him,” said Wilder. “I have always been really impressed when my teams have come across Luke playing for Southend.
“I think he has developed his game over the past three or four years, and he is a great signing for us.
“It is important, as we keep saying, to have competition all over the pitch.
“You have seen we do like to set up with a balance of left-footers and right-footers in the team, and we have that with Rod McDonald, and now we have it with Luke.

“It has taken its time, but it is better late than never and I am looking forward to working with Luke for the rest of this season, and hopefully longer.”
Prosser has initially signed on loan until the end of the campaign when his contract at Southend runs out, and Wilder admits he has one eye on ensuring the defender’s Sixfields stay is a more lengthy one.
“Luke is out of contract in the summer, so this is a really good opportunity for him to have a little look at us, and us to have a little look at him,” said the Cobblers boss.
“If everything goes well in this period, then we can see where we are at the end of the season, but he is definitely a player that we feel can do really well at this level as he has done with Southend, and also at the next level up if we are achieve our aim of getting promoted.

“It is a good opportunity for both parties.”
Prosser arrives at Sixfields having spent the past six years at Southend, who he joined from Port Vale in the summer of 2010.
The Enfield-born player made 164 appearances for the Shrimpers, scoring seven goals, and was part of their team that won promotion from Sky Bet League Two last season, via the play-offs.

I don't. I think he's ****. 5,922 posts in 6 years is all you need to know.

Let's also bare in mind that in recent seasons especially last season Prosser hasnt never lossed his starting spot by playing badly, he's always lost it when he's had to off injured after booking his face, head, neck and back on the line in order to get 3 points.

He has improved massively since he joined and I wish him all the best, I actually think he's better than Bolger and no better or worse than Thompson.

100%agree, with everything you have written. It’s a shame that the first sentenceis not acknowledged by everyone . although recent threads do appear to indicate that there are more people now that do appreciate his contributions to SUFC

Seems like my time on the Zone is coming to an end, probably down to my lack of polish and understanding. Oh well, FL2 club posting here I come, and in an attempt to get some practice in for the forthcoming slog, the pair of you can also **** right off. I feel better now:smiles:

We can loan you out to Col Ewe for a nominal fee

.....groan.....I can see it now....November 2016....

The Northampton Gazette...

"F.A. Cup second round result from today;
Southend 0 Northampton 1 (Prosser 90+5)
The Cobblers stormed into a money-spinning Third Round Tie with Arsenal after Luke Prosser capped one of the best performances ever seen from a Town defender with an unstoppable bullet header..."

Good luck Luke, gone to a good club who should gain promotion. Thanks for your efforts appreciated by me as a blues fan,I hope you have a good rest of season, good signing for Northampton.

one for the stattos- genuine question

Who was the most recent player after Prosser to have been with us for 5+ years?

one for the stattos- genuine question

Who was the most recent player after Prosser to have been with us for 5+ years?

Do you mean before Prosser? - and assume you mean a First Team Squad Player for 5 years, and Bentley doesn't count?

There can't have been many after Kevin Maher left

Good luck to Prosser always been a good professional for us

Back