• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok, sales going well :thumbsup:, question, as an "EastStander" - are Blocks A & B reserved for "friends and family attendees...?
Greyed out on-line ?:unsure:

Block A is normally where friends and family sit. My season ticket is in block B and has been for 20 years with many others, however it does not normally sell well in there apart from the restricted view seats

Yeah the 1st section is an additional 286 seats, the 2nd section is 344 seats, some combined (if released) is an additional 630 tickets.

31 tickets have already been brought since this thread was first posted 45 minutes ago :thumbsup: So should be a good crowd, come kick off on match day.

I think, Col Utd have sold around 1,250 so far, but as C&P previously pointed out, they seem to distracted at the moment by trying to watch Tottenham thrash them within an inch of their lives on Saturday, but I wouldnt imagine they would pick up too many more seats, considering they havent won a match since October.

Nobody even mentioning the game on our forums, I doubt we will sell more than another 250 max but if we bring 1500 that would be a great turnout given our home gates and league form. We are now bottom of the league after last nights results, I hope Cowling is happy with the way he has handled this season, I am sure all of you are!

Ok, sales going well :thumbsup:, question, as an "EastStander" - are Blocks A & B reserved for "friends and family attendees...?
Greyed out on-line ?:unsure:
yep all in block A are saved for family friends coaches comps etc, I always wait and my good friend gets me a ticket or two in block A:thumbsup:

Nobody even mentioning the game on our forums, I doubt we will sell more than another 250 max but if we bring 1500 that would be a great turnout given our home gates and league form. We are now bottom of the league after last nights results, I hope Cowling is happy with the way he has handled this season, I am sure all of you are!

Couldn't give a toss whether you stay up or go down to be honest.

Good to have the "rivalry" back, although I must admit it is a bit weak. Not like the old days.

Us and Orient has more spice I think.

TBV stand in Block W, so I think young kids would struggle to see from Block X unless they are right at the back. I can imagine those in Block X might want to stand aswell, though.

True, but at least they will learn how to do a cut throat sign to the away end.

Good to have the "rivalry" back, although I must admit it is a bit weak. Not like the old days.

Yes I think it is poor these days too, nothing like the 1970's and 80's etc but there again what is, football is like going to the theatre these days, all seater grounds and over the top stewarding/Policing have a lot to answer for!

This is an interesting point. I tend to agree with you, but have been shouted down by others who want to see a local derby. However, there were not many Colchester fans who were upset when we failed in the playoffs etc a couple of years back. End of the day i want us to be above them in whatever league it is. If they get relegated i will take great pleasure in that, if they stay up which is unlikely, bring on the derby next season.

Yes I think it is poor these days too, nothing like the 1970's and 80's etc but there again what is, football is like going to the theatre these days, all seater grounds and over the top stewarding/Policing have a lot to answer for!

You and Smiffy can still meet behind the bike sheds for a dust up? A can of fanta for the first one to shout vainites.

I think we should just give them 1500 tickets and sell as many home seats as is possible

I think we should just give them 1500 tickets and sell as many home seats as is possible

Trouble is if any away team brings more than 1,000 they have to open up the facilities at either end of the North Bank to away fans. Which means we can only sell up to X block for home fans.
For the Hull cup game the whole of X Block was open for home fans and the Hull fans had all the North Bank (I think they had about 1,100 there that day).
So I suppose if demand is there then they might open the other part X Block, depends on Police as well I would have thought.

The tickets for this one do seem to be steadily selling well so we should see another good home crowd.

If we get a crowd of 10,000, that would make our average home crowd over the last 4 home games, over the 9k mark. That's impressive considering we're only above mid table at the moment.

Got my tickets for X block. Wasn't going to go as didn't think Boxing Day would or could be topped. Also didn't want the drive back up the A12 with the chance of U's fans joyous after snatching a surprising victory. Then realised just how ridiculous that sounded!

I've never understood why Block X is not entirely devoted to TBV for all games who could stand and sing their hearts out, freeing up Block W to other supporters. We would still have the corner as a significant segregation area especially as Away supporters are usually housed towards the East side of the North Stand and it is filled towards the West as demand increases. Even with a full away end, it should still be perfectly reasonable. Nothing is more irritating that seeing Block X all the way around to the centre of the North bank completely empty on most match days. It spoils the atmosphere.

The tickets for this one do seem to be steadily selling well so we should see another good home crowd.

If we get a crowd of 10,000, that would make our average home crowd over the last 4 home games, over the 9k mark. That's impressive considering we're only above mid table at the moment.

In other words just outside the play-offs! :winking:

Back