• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well a win for them might be a good thing for us, they might be distracted by the fifth round draw and have to lift themselves for boring old Southend! Well I can hope anyway

Cheers.. but nah.

Ever considered being a life coach?.... with that amount of optimism you sure must be a season ticket holder or a shareholder? :smile:

Must win game as that top pack barring millwall are setting a big pace. 6 points required from the next if we are serious about a play off spot.

Must win game as that top pack barring millwall are setting a big pace. 6 points required from the next if we are serious about a play off spot.

Six points would be nice .......... but Shrewsbury and even Colchester will not just roll-over.

Four points - draw away, win at home would not be too shabby either

You mean....they haven't all season? :hilarious::smiles:

When Keen was appointed and he said after another poor league performance "that's not acceptable to me, the Chairman or the fans and I will knock some heads together if necessary" I didn't quite realise what he meant ............ :unsure:

Tuesday night isn't too far away now, so what are your thoughts? Obviously no Barnett or Deegan available, but hard to see there being any other changes after the superb performance last week. Will be very different playing the 5-3-2 against a side who we are more likely to dominate, as opposed to Coventry and Peterborough where the opposition were expected to dominate possession and the chances.

I'd go:
Bentley,
O'Neill, Bolger, Barrett, Thompson, Hendrie,
Timlin,
Leonard, Atkinson,
Payne,
Hunt
Subs: Ted Smith, White, Worrall, Kamara, McQueen, Mooney, Loza

Think McLaughlin is still out isn't he? Will be interesting to see if Worrall is involved, particularly given how short we are on firs T team players to fill the bench.

Going to be confident and go for a 2-0 win to the Blues with Hunt and Payne scoring.
That team looks good to me.

Funny old game football - Shrewsbury lose 7-1 a couple of weeks ago and then go on to beat one of the most consistent teams in the Championship. I would have rather they got smashed in the cup to be honest, their confidence must be pretty high atm.

Coventry seem to be stumbling a bit at the moment though - lost their last 3...hopefully they get dragged back into the battle for 6tt.

You don't need to worry about Tuesday. The fact Bookies are taking bets on Southend winning us free money. Way things are going with the Town are good win then lose, good win then lose. Mind you McNasty might have mixed emotions about whether Southend win or not on Tuesday night :nope:

The level of intensity and movement against Coventry was superb. My slight worry is that when getting a break like 9 days , we struggle to perform to the same level. I appreciate we wisely got a game in against a decent Ipswich side, but its not the same thing. Also we dont seem to do so well when up against teams that have recently played more than us, or had a cup run. In the past ive thought our " rest up" up of tired limbs would work in our favour, but surprised me quite a few times when we have been over run.
Brown will need to get them up for it

Shrews Just Drawn Man ure in the cup hopefully have their mind taken off Tuesday night

Will now probably be a full house on Tuesday, as no doubt they will issue vouchers for priority tickets for Man U game.
We did the same against Hull for Man U game, had 10,000 plus and still lost the game 3-2!.
Hopefully the same will happen to Shrewsbury on Tuesday!.,

Not sure they can recall Barnett, can they? Surely that's not allowed. Errrhhh. I hope so anyway.

I believe they can recall Barnett early, but once a loan contract is signed to a player to another club, in order to re-call it, would mean a solid justified means, ie a shortage of their own players in order to re-call or lack of 1st team match experience as promised by the the clib that loaned. There is also other aspects to take into account of course.

And solved their cash flow issues too; maybe they will recall Collins and Barnett now?:stunned:
Shrewsbury don't have any cash flow problems. Last accounts had just under £1million in the bank with season ticket holders being only major creditors. Since then sold Goldson, Woods, and two other players for around £2million. Collins and Lawrence sent out of club for shall we say attitude issues and Barnett not fitting into style of play so why pay high wages to sit on the bench

Back