• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would be amazed if a youngster wasn't planning this. Think as much as it's a pain all should be searched before entering the stadium for a game like this. We can't risk the penalty from the FA

Yes I agree, there has to be searches. As you say, we cannot risk another fine from the FA. They will come down hard on us this time.

I would be amazed if a youngster wasn't planning this. Think as much as it's a pain all should be searched before entering the stadium for a game like this. We can't risk the penalty from the FA

I agree. surely the airport-style metal detectors - the hand-held ones could be used. They take seconds.

Why has it taken over a month to get into the local press?

It hasn't, they only nicked them at the weekend.

The incident on Boxing Day was probably organised and well away from the ground.

Likely to be more arrests apparently, lots of work going on behind the scenes to identify more suspects, they better keep their heads down if they intend to come to Saturdays match!

Likely to be more arrests apparently, lots of work going on behind the scenes to identify more suspects, they better keep their heads down if they intend to come to Saturdays match!

You should hope to get nicked. Save you the embarrassment of the result...

No pyro. No Party.

I didn't know there was any trouble? I must admit, it does make me chuckle, there's a large thread pre the first fixture about the 'good old days' where fans from both teams have been posting with some nostalgia about what they used to get up to when each other played!

Put it in present day and its a disgrace!

I didn't know there was any trouble? I must admit, it does make me chuckle, there's a large thread pre the first fixture about the 'good old days' where fans from both teams have been posting with some nostalgia about what they used to get up to when each other played!

Put it in present day and its a disgrace!

Funny that, isn't it.

The best way to check for flares is to set fire to everyone's trousers.
If they have s flare in their pocket , it will become obvious and they can be quickly arrested.
If they don't have a flare , they will have a slightly charred leg and ruined trousers , but in the long run its the best way to deal with these thugs

My son and I are driving down Saturday (well he's driving) but he is also bringing 2 of his mates who are Col U fans. Should be an interesting journey (back)!

My son and I are driving down Saturday (well he's driving) but he is also bringing 2 of his mates who are Col U fans. Should be an interesting journey (back)!

I would let one of the Col U fans drive, it'll be safer. They get better grip on the steering wheel, as they have 12 fingers.

Moronic Knuckle dragging morons ruining it for the rest of us.

A taste of the birch and two years national service should sort these louts out I say.

Same pair of Flares hes been wearing since the 70s i gather:hilarious:

Hey!!! We all wore flares in the 70's.

Played havoc with the DM's, that's why we moved to straight denims and braces. :smile::smile::smile:

Seriously, though, what we did in the 70's and 80's was what we did in the 70's and 80's; different times, different world, different game.

Am I proud of what we got up to; in the cold light of today, and todays values, probably, no. Do I regret those days and the camaraderie, again, no, it was what defined us, and, for good or bad, made us what we are.
The youngsters of today have to learn that they have to live within the parameters of today, not the 70's and 80's, or take the repercussions, hopefully a few wise words from us greybeards can steer them right.:winking:

Hey!!! We all wore flares in the 70's.

Played havoc with the DM's, that's why we moved to straight denims and braces. :smile::smile::smile:

Seriously, though, what we did in the 70's and 80's was what we did in the 70's and 80's; different times, different world, different game.

Am I proud of what we got up to; in the cold light of today, and todays values, probably, no. Do I regret those days and the camaraderie, again, no, it was what defined us, and, for good or bad, made us what we are.
The youngsters of today have to learn that they have to live within the parameters of today, not the 70's and 80's, or take the repercussions, hopefully a few wise words from us greybeards can steer them right.:winking:

Nice post Cockle, but if ive told you once ive told you a hundred times.. never add alcohol to your horlicks.

Back