• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
With the result tonight and the chance to break into the top 6 the col u game is now massive.

Can't wait for Saturday.

UTB

Especially as Millwall have a tough looking game away at Walsall!

We were all hoping you would beat Shrewsbury, it is all part of our master plan to escape relegation, now all we need to do is win 10 games on the trot starting with you lot on Saturday.......:smiles:

We were all hoping you would beat Shrewsbury, it is all part of our master plan to escape relegation, now all we need to do is win 10 games on the trot starting with you lot on Saturday.......:smiles:

Indeed. I think we did you a bit of a favour last night. However, I assume Shrewsbury will be hoping we do the same for them on Saturday.

To be honest most of us are dreading it, but the run has to end sometime so why not Saturday :facepalm:

I hope it doesn't, but that is the only way you can look at it.

From our perspective I never buy into the "this game is massive" thing. Saturday's game is 1/46th of the season just like any other game. Granted if we win we may well be in the play off places, but that isn't the be-all-and-end-all at this stage of the season.

From our perspective I never buy into the "this game is massive" thing. Saturday's game is 1/46th of the season just like any other game. Granted if we win we may well be in the play off places, but that isn't the be-all-and-end-all at this stage of the season.

We get in the play off birth and it's ours to lose. At the moment it's ours to gain at someone else's expense. That's why it's a big game.

Is always a massive game and always reasons why.
Is going to be extremely tough but three more points and us Shrimpers are heading to Dreamland!

We get in the play off birth and it's ours to lose. At the moment it's ours to gain at someone else's expense. That's why it's a big game.

Disagree. There are plenty of games before now and the end of the season. We aren't going to win every game between now and then so saying it's ours to lose is a bit melodramatic.

I agree London Blue, it is nice to beat what you consider to be your local rivals, but at the end of the day those points mean no more to the club than beating anyone else.

There truly is so much guff posted on here about our beloved team. We win some, lose some, occasionally draw some. Does it really warrant the misplaced importance of upcoming games. Enjoy the good times, roll with the bad. It will always be Southend United Football Club whatever happens. It always has in my 57 years of support. Rant over, back to sleep now. COYBB.

Like Irenbird I have been a follower for may years (60+) and I agree with his sentiments. But it is not very often when you feel that there is something happening at our club which gives you a real feeling of anticipation. PB has put together what appears to be a very good squad. And some of them have yet to wear the shirt eg Kamara. I was lucky enough to see the Posh and Coventry games and feel that the cohesion and fighting spirit on display bodes well. With the return of Ty B on Saturday we should pose a much bigger threat upfront than last night. No, it may not be massive in the overall scheme of things but it does set the heart racing when you think of the prospect of a nearly full house watching a local derby and Blues having some real talent on display. Need to keep Moncur bottled up mind you! COYB

Back