• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barrett Banner

• Total voters
The way he celebrated that goal today it shows what the club means to him.

I think today proves this needs to be done! Anyone who disagrees will be banned forever. :winking:

I'm up for the banner, I've paid my donation to SZ and I await the finished product. One thing that went through my mind sitting in the West, apart from how weird the one Blues supporter's away shirt looked against the sea of navy, grey and black, was were would it go if the South Stand was its destination. The whole of the tier between upper and lower has adverts on it. How would the advertisers feel if their pitch was covered by Adam's banner?

I agree with the advertising issue, that is the main sticking point.

Being a biased Southend Fan myself, say for example I was one of those people that paid X amount of thousands of pounds to advertise my company on the South Stand & got a call from the club asking if it was ok to cover up my paid for advertisement for Barretts last match or testimonial game etc, I would say Ok, but if it was a more permanent fixture, say for the remaining home games of the season, I would expect some kind refund to be fair.

Depending on the size of the Flag / Banner, how about if it was on one of the brick buildings in the corners between the east and south (kiosk) or west and south (control room), they look like they have a flat roof (no doubt with easy access to it via something similar to a loft hatch for general maintance etc). So it could either be simply erected on a pole or fixed in by a couple of hooks to the brick work on the lip of the roof edge to hang down. A simple low cost solution that would make it still visable and not losing revenue for the club.

Need to talk to the club, there are blank hoardings at the moment but none on South Upper.

We used to try and hang flags on the South Upper but were told to remove them exactly as previously discussed.

Non-starter that one I'm afraid.

The most ideal place in my opinion would be above the north stand, that way all home supporters from the 3 home sides would clearly be able to see it. But I just cant see a realistic place for it.

No need for the name. That appears to say "for those who don't know the image is Adam Barrett". He is better than having to explain.
IMO - just the image and "LEGEND".

No need for the name. That appears to say "for those who don't know the image is Adam Barrett". He is better than having to explain.
IMO - just the image and "LEGEND".

Have to agree, Adam needs no introduction !

I have another addition to make on the banner front.

Jnr's younger brother has been on his photoshop and has made his version of a banner in honour of Adam Barrett.

Southend United Banner.jpg

Sorry for the size, we cant seem to work out how to make the image bigger.

Snr.

Attachments

• Southend United Banner.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Southend United Banner.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back