• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
Bus Replacement to Wickford then trains to Prittlewell Tomorrow

I'm sure its been mentioned elsewhere but bus replacement from Wickford to Prittlewell tomorrow.

Last edited:
Er no, trains from Wickford onwards are ok. To Wickford is a bus replacement.

Due to engineering works between Ingatestone and London, Abellio Greater Anglia have timetabled a special bus service to convey fans to the Southend United V Colchester United game. Passengers from Norwich, Ipswich, Colchester and branches should change at Chelmsford onto the special bus services provided that will travel directly to Wickford, where fans can continue onwards to Prittlewell / Southend Victoria on the train service provided. There is also a special bus service provided in the opposite direction after the game has finished.

http://www.abelliogreateranglia.co....ce-alterations?details=1899&month=2&year=2016

This thread will need renaming or may catch some people out!

A guy I work with ( who is a Col U fan , which is why I wont put friend ! ) says that more than usual are intending to drive because of this rail issue.
I only mention it because I'm guessing that any SUFC fans that drive and park in the surrounding streets may want to arrive a little earlier than usual as I think it's gonna be rammed.

A guy I work with ( who is a Col U fan , which is why I wont put friend ! ) says that more than usual are intending to drive because of this rail issue.
I only mention it because I'm guessing that any SUFC fans that drive and park in the surrounding streets may want to arrive a little earlier than usual as I think it's gonna be rammed.

Hence why I always recommend parking at Rayleigh and jumping on the train. The streets are clear, and parking is free at the rear of the station.

Its now on the official site as below, and their ARE trains between Wickford to Prittlewell, Bus replacement from Shenfield to Wickford, and presumably the same for other stations to Liverpool Street and best to use C2C if you can.

Service updates affecting supporters for Colchester United game

Due to engineering works between Ingatestone and London, Abellio Greater Anglia have timetabled a special bus service to convey fans to the Southend United V Colchester United game.

Passengers from Norwich, Ipswich, Colchester and branches should change at Chelmsford onto the special bus services provided that will travel directly to Wickford, where fans can continue onwards to Prittlewell / Southend Victoria on the train service provided.

There is also a special bus service provided in the opposite direction after the game has finished.

Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/abellio-greater-anglia-2939992.aspx#wCK0YiHRsvSgf03t.99

Its now on the official site as below, and their ARE trains between Wickford to Prittlewell, Bus replacement from Shenfield to Wickford, and presumably the same for other stations to Liverpool Street and best to use C2C if you can.

Due to engineering works between Ingatestone and London, Abellio Greater Anglia have timetabled a special bus service to convey fans to the Southend United V Colchester United game.

Passengers from Norwich, Ipswich, Colchester and branches should change at Chelmsford onto the special bus services provided that will travel directly to Wickford, where fans can continue onwards to Prittlewell / Southend Victoria on the train service provided.

There is also a special bus service provided in the opposite direction after the game has finished.

Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/abellio-greater-anglia-2939992.aspx#wCK0YiHRsvSgf03t.99

Pretty poor timing for engineering work by Network Rail...... I can say that now due to being a former manager (now retired) :winking:

I may go down the station from lunch time and shout obscenity’s at the Farmhards when they change at Wickford

With My

WELCOME TO HELL Banner

What’s that coming over hill its relegation RELEGATION……… hahaha

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited:
Pretty poor timing for engineering work by Network Rail...... I can say that now due to being a former manager (now retired) :winking:

Timetable creation and track access is planned a minimum 52 weeks before (unless it is not so urgent Short Term or very urgent Very Short Term), so the people involved (including the TOC) would have no idea that it'd fall on probably one of their busiest days. I imagine they're cursing the match fixture computers!

If the replacement bus driver gets his finger out, it could work out just as quick as the train going on to Shenfield and back out to Wickford ! Mind you I wouldn't like to rely on anything organised by Later Anglia.

I may go down the station from lunch time and shout obscenity’s at the Farmhards when they change at Wickford

With My

WELCOME TO HELL Banner

What’s that coming over hall its relegation RELEGATION……… hahaha

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Sadly the state the area around the ground is in now after years of uncertainty, Welcome to Hell isn't too far wide of the mark.

Yes Colewe fans I believe can get the 'Farmer Express' bus from Chelmsford to Wickford and continue their journey to Prittlewell by that respected train company Abellio Greater Anglia.

Last edited:

:hilarious:

love the welcome to hell, I remember a few years back that was painted down at the prittlewell station :hilarious:

So I can get on a train from Wickford to Prittlewell with hopefully no problems and get on a train at prittlewell back to wickford with hopefully no problems?

Back