• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Could Leicester City "do" the unbelievable?

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
I have seen first half today's game and LCFC are 1 up at Manc C.
Could they win the Prem?
Would every neutral, non big shot club fan be happy?
Would it be the biggest every achievment in English Football history?

I don't watch premshite footie as the ethos of the "clubs" is a sour thing BUT LCFC do look the part from the 48 minutes I have watched.

Off to the Hall now so I can't watch the rest of the game; AND I hope they get the 3 points

2 up.

Would be the biggest shock in Premierleague history if they could.

Imagine how Arsenal fans would feel. 72 years finishing 4th, Man Utd and Chelsea turn to mush and they not only still cant win the league but Leicester can.

I've not been following the PL particularly closely this year but from what I've seen, Leicester are the only team who've looked to play consistently good football and for that reason it's hard to see past them for the title. Playing Toure in a two-man midfield and Kolorov leaving acres of space behind him just seems bizarre tactics from Pellegrini.

I watched the Leicester v Liverpool and (most of the) Man City games, the Leicester players play for each other, and - which is refreshing - Mahrez, Vardy and Drinkwater are playing way beyond their expectations... They remind me of the old Forest team under Cloughie,

i would really love to see them win the PL, just to stick 2 fingers up at the over spending teams full of mercenaries

And that Vardy goal v the scousers was mental !!

Yes if not please let it be Tottenham:smile:

Oh god no, only one thing worse than that would be West Ham winning it!

Leicester are on fire and it just goes to prove that Ranieri is a brilliant manager. Chelsea should've never have dumped him for Mourinho, may turn out he has the longevity that Mourinho lacks.

Oh god no, only one thing worse than that would be West Ham winning it!

Leicester are on fire and it just goes to prove that Ranieri is a brilliant manager. Chelsea should've never have dumped him for Mourinho, may turn out he has the longevity that Mourinho lacks.
yep, I just wanna see someone different in the mix come the end:smile:

I've had a gander at thier fixtures, and aside from Arsenal next week, Man Utd in April and Chelsea on the last day, I don't see them dropping many points until the end of the year. And even then, they can easily get a draw at Arsenal, maybe beat Man Utd, and, well, quite frankly the only team in the Football League that couldn't beat Chelsea these days is Colchester. Plus, they're 5 clear and no-one has a game in hand or two on them yet (obviously City'll get a few with the Champions League and tthe League Cup), but if they carry on as they are it's entirely concievable that even if City did manage to catch up they'd still have enough in the tank to do it.

MOTD last night highlighted their spend at 22.5m. That's all.

Huth and Mahrez are the bargains of the century, with Albrighton (a freebie from Villa), not far behind.

Chelsea should've never have dumped him for Mourinho, may turn out he has the longevity that Mourinho lacks.

Yes. What a terrible decision that turned out to be. Mourinho only went on to transform the club into relentless champions, while Ranieri's sole achievements in that time have been a Super Cup win with Valencia and walking a cash-rich Monaco the Ligue 2 title. Before Leicester he was residing over Greece getting pumped by the Faroe Islands.

I'm not knocking Ranieri there by the way, merely the utter lunacy in claiming that appointing Mourinho was a bad decision.

Leicester winning the league - which they will do - I think is far more an indictment of the state of the Premier League than any testament to what good, effective management can achieve. Leicester aren't a spectacular side, they've got one truly brilliant footballer in Mahrez, a speedy racist in the form of his life, N'Golo Kante and a raft of effective players who comprise a well-drilled unit. They defend very compactly with a low block and then spring the ball out into the channels to counter attack through Vardy's pace. It's brilliantly worked, but not exactly revolutionary. They're basically a budget version of Klopp's Dortmund. It just so happens that Premier League managers are a bit behind the curve and are fascinated by the concept of the high-press Guardiola preached at Barca, which gets unpicked by playing very directly.

I think it speaks volumes that the two teams to cause Leicester problems this season - Spurs and Arsenal - are led by two of the more progressive-thinking, tactically-tuned managers in the league.

Yes. What a terrible decision that turned out to be. Mourinho only went on to transform the club into relentless champions, while Ranieri's sole achievements in that time have been a Super Cup win with Valencia and walking a cash-rich Monaco the Ligue 2 title. Before Leicester he was residing over Greece getting pumped by the Faroe Islands.

I'm not knocking Ranieri there by the way, merely the utter lunacy in claiming that appointing Mourinho was a bad decision.

Leicester winning the league - which they will do - I think is far more an indictment of the state of the Premier League than any testament to what good, effective management can achieve. Leicester aren't a spectacular side, they've got one truly brilliant footballer in Mahrez, a speedy racist in the form of his life, N'Golo Kante and a raft of effective players who comprise a well-drilled unit. They defend very compactly with a low block and then spring the ball out into the channels to counter attack through Vardy's pace. It's brilliantly worked, but not exactly revolutionary. They're basically a budget version of Klopp's Dortmund. It just so happens that Premier League managers are a bit behind the curve and are fascinated by the concept of the high-press Guardiola preached at Barca, which gets unpicked by playing very directly.

I think it speaks volumes that the two teams to cause Leicester problems this season - Spurs and Arsenal - are led by two of the more progressive-thinking, tactically-tuned managers in the league.

Shocker, ESB disagreeing with something I write and totally taking it out of context. I never said it was a terrible decision just maybe Ranieri could've done exactly what Mourinho did but stayed longer and continued it. Mourinho had 2 good seasons then he went down hill like he did this time round. Maybe Ranieri could've kept going past the 3rd season. That Chelsea team was pretty much there after Abravoich took over, Ranieri didn't fit the bill like Hughes at City when they got their money.

Just because you coach a girls team doesn't mean you know everything and everyone has to agree with your opinion.

The main thing that's worked for Leicester is that they've remained injury-free this season. Their current squad is almost at full strength and has been for ages. Their six most important players (Vardy, Mahrez, Schmeichel, Albrighton, Morgan, Kante) have played every league game.

EDIT: Mahrez missed 1 game.

Mmmm...Arsenal maybe, because they won 5-2 at Leicester back in September, although Vardy did give Leicester the lead. But Spurs?? Leicester beat them at WHL and they drew one-all at home. The FA Cup fixtures were different as both teams rested some of their regulars.

Since Liverpool last won the league, Peter Schmeichel signed for Man Utd, won it 5 times, retired, had a son & he's about to win it with LCFC

:smile:

Shocker, ESB disagreeing with something I write and totally taking it out of context.

Shocker, someone disagrees with Ricey and he whines like a bitch about it afterwards.

Just because you coach a girls team doesn't mean you know everything and everyone has to agree with your opinion.

Ha, what on earth has that got to do with me thinking you were talking *****?

[/B]

Mmmm...Arsenal maybe, because they won 5-2 at Leicester back in September, although Vardy did give Leicester the lead. But Spurs?? Leicester beat them at WHL and they drew one-all at home. The FA Cup fixtures were different as both teams rested some of their regulars.

Spurs have continued to test Leicester, and each fixture has been closely fought. That Spurs beat them in the cup when both teams tested regulars only reinforces my point. Leicester lost that game as the three players crucial to the way they set up - Kante, Mahrez and Vardy - were rested. They resorted back to building off Ulloa, and it was easier to unpick as Premier League defences have grown accustomed to defending against a lone centre-forward ahead of two/three advanced midfielders.

Shocker, ESB disagreeing with something I write and totally taking it out of context. I never said it was a terrible decision just maybe Ranieri could've done exactly what Mourinho did but stayed longer and continued it. Mourinho had 2 good seasons then he went down hill like he did this time round. Maybe Ranieri could've kept going past the 3rd season. That Chelsea team was pretty much there after Abravoich took over, Ranieri didn't fit the bill like Hughes at City when they got their money.

I am stunned shocked and bewildered,I thought ESB with his magnificent knowledge of the game plus his array of coaching badges would at least be doing his thing in the Ryman earning £150 a week.

Instead he coaches a girls team:hilarious:

Back