• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looked red card to me in front of us. Leonard intimated the damage was a twist above the knee as he came off at ht. Imagine some ligament damage.
Brown suggested medial ligament damage, we'll see what Monday brings. Hopefully he'll be alright.

Is it me? We seem to have had a lot of injury worries so far this season .......... Coker, White, Barrett, Bolger, Leonard, Wordsworth, Weston, McLaughlin, Hunt, Timlin and Deegan come readily to mind. :sad:

Agree with most of your opinion except this. I thought were were slow and boring and had we broke quicker we would have won more convincingly.

Just for that goal, and maybe a few times more. As you say slow slow build ups seemed to be the way we were trying & not doing to well BUT for the third goal it went back to front very quickly, from their corner kick to the back of their net in under 30 seconds?
Maybe my making note of the broke with pace needed to be "one of the few occasions" prefixed however I thought anyone reading would understand the context.:omg:

Payne was taking the corners and he changed the around, took a few quick and short and he also put a few decent deliveries into the box. Our corners have been not good for a long time but maybe Jack taking them is a change for the better- as well as having Barnett, Adam, Thommo and Bolger in the box for them.

And this is only page 3 following a 3 nil derby win and the "handbags" thread is what, page 10? Sad, very sad.:thumbdown:

Agreed. It's a poor

Agree with this, a shame a few individuals stupidity has overshadowed a great win.

For what it's worth bar the last 10 mins we weren't great, I'll give Phil some credit for throwing Wordsworth on so early, he certainly made a difference and always looks a threat going forwards.

Fantastic to see Adam score too, especially after the constant stick the Col U fans gave him. Huge credit to Phil Brown for turning things around so successfully after the 3 heavy defeats, 10 points from 12 is fantastic, here's hoping we can maintain the form and possibly secure a play off place :loyalsupporter:.

Last edited:
Lovely stuff, and great for Barrett to have his moment after all of the abuse.

We've done our bit, now over to their remaining opponents to finish the job and hopefully we won't have to deal with that freak show again for a very, very long time. :smile:

For 80 minutes there wasn't much to seperate the two teams and highlights were in short supply.
Thommo's early yellow card seemed harsh.
Their red from my one view of it looked harsh but ref was close and went red straight away.
We huffed and fluffed a lot, some good possession but all the players (both sides) worked very hard with closing down and tracking runners; very tight.
FWIW Col Ewe didn't look like a bottom of the table side but this league hasn't, from what I have seen got any real "lemons" or gash awful teams.
Phil made the changes, IMO to give fresh legs a run (and in case the ref wanted to balance the sides with another yellow for Thommo) AND it did start to swing the play.
WW took the shot and got the reward. 1-0
Barnett "missed" a gold plated chance from a Wozza cross.
We had better corners by Jack, & Barrett, 2-0
We broke with pace, Jack kept the ball alive and drew players to him, fed to the free & on rushing McQueen, 3-0

Game, Set and Match to The Mighty Shrimpers and well done PB.

No duff players for us, all worth 7s or 8s.
the defender fed McQueen ....but who cares!!!

Hendrie - 7, started well and had a good shot but looked to have tweaked something and was quieter after that

Yes he seemed to holding his groin after a shot on the turn early first half. Seemed to run it off ok, hope staying on hasn't made it worse though.
I'll reserve judgement on Kamara as he seemed to have an auful lot of time on the ball on account of Col U playing so deep and backing off everything until their final third. Nice to see him try and play the ball to feet in the box and around the corners a few times to mix it up a bit. Doesnt always come off but shows imagination.

3 wins in a row now, and 4 unbeaten.

More importantly only 4 points required for safety and its not even Valentines Day, happy days!

correct and probably why PB didn't bring Loza on, long time since I've seen such a lack of space. Thought McQueen was outstanding, as much as I love Deegan Sam is a big upgrade.

Loza wasn't a named sub, he was reportedly injured.
He was at the game as he was on his mobile straight after by his new BMW bling car with personal plates.
I thought he should have been in the dressing room, club area with his team mates at least so maybe he isn't as mature or professional as he ought to be.

https://youtu.be/wwe4SxVfY2k

This is from an inbred. Not too sure what he is on about. It must be a joke. It did make me laugh.

Haha. Slightly biased view there. Have seen that tackle a few times now, definite red, and yes, the force was that bad that Leonard is now on crutches. We know we have a patched up ground, but nowhere near as bad as the old Layer Road ground. And yes, for 70 minutes Southend were poor. And no, Southend will not be going down next year, even if it's in the Championship.

Back