• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate let's get one thing clear on that side were there 'lads' you don't see any Colchester shirts or your average normal fan what you have is lads in there clobber wanting a row and so did we do in my book it's fair game
Snide clobber, and backpacks, but I agree. as far as I can see, it's a group of youth who were happy to pretend to be interested until actually face to face with just one person.

yes he shouldn't have done it blah blah... But no-one who didn't want to be there would have been there.

Never in a million years is every single fan at a derby game (or any other game for that matter) going to be able to control themselves, that's common sense. Therefore stewards have to be able to control them otherwise you end up with someone running accross the pitch, throwing punches at other fans and getting the club in trouble.

this is the sad and pathetic thing. it shouldnt be common sense to just have to accept that people cant act like human beings when faced with similar people from a nearby town. if you take football history out of the equasion, there were 100s of people yesterday behaving like animals from both sides over something as trivial as a sporting event. that in itself is absolutely mental.

i wouldnt be at all surprised if yesterday has ruined the fixture for many people, whether it be because they dont want to be subjected to that kind of atmosphere again, or because the clubs will possibly now go overboard on keeping the fixture safe doing 'bubble' away trips and early kick offs etc, restricting who can buy tickets and how many can buy them.

All this will be hypothetical if Col Ewe get relegated, which is looking very likely.

this is the sad and pathetic thing. it shouldnt be common sense to just have to accept that people cant act like human beings when faced with similar people from a nearby town. if you take football history out of the equasion, there were 100s of people yesterday behaving like animals from both sides over something as trivial as a sporting event. that in itself is absolutely mental.

i wouldnt be at all surprised if yesterday has ruined the fixture for many people, whether it be because they dont want to be subjected to that kind of atmosphere again, or because the clubs will possibly now go overboard on keeping the fixture safe doing 'bubble' away trips and early kick offs etc, restricting who can buy tickets and how many can buy them.
Jesus talk about drama queen, 100's of people acting like animals, get a grip

Jesus talk about drama queen, 100's of people acting like animals, get a grip

must have been at least 100 on either side of the divide behaving like morons, using the kind of animalistic behaviour 99% of civilised society manages to suppress?

I just think it is sad for our football club I have followed over 27 years and 62 grounds to be get this publicity for a few mindless idiots. Very sad indeed and people that justify in anyway are even worse!

Good night and let's talk about something else! And I am one of those that just read posts and can't be arsed to post but got so ****ed of with it all yesterday...

When Phil was introduced on 5 Live today before the Arsenal game, the trouble was immediately brought up by the commentator. Unfortunately this kind of mud tends to stick.

But you support the actions of others that do result in bans....

Sounds like you're not a very rave person at all.... One of those that stands at the back of situations like these without having the bottle to be part of something

You wouldn't have survived on the terraces in the "good old days"

You don't half make me laugh today... You've made my Sunday :hilarious::smile:

ive got the bottle to get involved it was only a few weeks ago when about 50 Millwall fans squared up to about 5 of us after the game so I'm pretty sure I've 'got the bottle'. I've got a brain I know when to get involved and when not too. Difference between the guy yesterday and me. 'The good old days' prime comment from another east stand fanny lol

As they say "All publicity is good publicity"! You watch our attendance go up and up after all of this drama which will far outweigh any fines that we get.

Just a shame that the Colchester 'scroats' who persisted in throwing coins at our fans in the West, didn't save them to contribute to one of 'their own' who walked the touchline collecting donations, after his brave feat of walking/jogging to here from Colchester?.
Still, they probably hadn't a clue who he was or what was going on?.
And as someone posted last night, obviously away fans don't have numbers/ seat rows on their tickets, as they can sit anywhere?. You never see all the 'brave' away fans sitting at the Car park end, giving it 'large' to the East Stand?.
Guess it's too good to be true, that if the guy who gave them some 'just desserts' was a West Ham fan, the Press will mention that?. Don't hold your breath!.

Tickets for the away end at Roots Hall do have row/seat no's on them, however for as long as I can remember there has never been any attempt to enforce them. Once in the stand, it is very much a case of sit/stand wherever you want.

ive got the bottle to get involved it was only a few weeks ago when about 50 Millwall fans squared up to about 5 of us after the game so I'm pretty sure I've 'got the bottle'. I've got a brain I know when to get involved and when not too. Difference between the guy yesterday and me. 'The good old days' prime comment from another east stand fanny lol

So what stopped you from having it with the 50 Millwall fans... Squaring up proves nothing. I'm sure you're not cleverer enough to take the brave move that the numpty took on Saturday. Scared of being banned??

And another thing... How goods your geography? "East Side fanny" invest in an atlas. Don't place me somewhere where I'm not and I'm sure some of those in the East will be offended by that statement..:blush::stunned:

Move out the way and bring it to the attention of the stewards. Let them look like the ***** and be the ones getting nicked and fined.

What would that have done? The stewards did nothing all day, allowed col ewe fans to keep punching them, allowed the col ewe fans to.punch a player, allowed a Southend fan to run across the pitch twice to give retribution to the col ewe thugs. The stewards are pointless, and the police even worse

There's rewards aplenty for not being after a rumble.

Lets have a look at the evidence :

Coventry bring 1,800 down. Lose 3-0. All behave impeccably, have a good day out, bit of a laugh, a pre-match footie game and topless barmaids!

Col Ewe bring 1,300 down. Lose 3-0. Some behave badly, don't have much of a laugh, no pre-match footie game, get wrestled around a bit by the stewards, trip over all the netting and get a thumping from Tubby Thompson!

* Taps nose *

What would that have done? The stewards did nothing all day, allowed col ewe fans to keep punching them, allowed the col ewe fans to.punch a player, allowed a Southend fan to run across the pitch twice to give retribution to the col ewe thugs. The stewards are pointless, and the police even worse

Saying that the stewards did "nothing" is incredibly harsh, several of them got thumped for their troubles.

I certainly didn't go along yesterday expecting us to all be sitting around in a circle holding hands and singing 'Kumbaya'

Yes, that half-time entertainment definitely needs looking at!

The stewards were always going to have a difficult job, but it certainly seems that with the more rowdy games, Millwall and now Colchester, they were complete overwhelmed. That being said, its our fan that went across and made a show of himself and quite frankly, whilst we should be talking about a quality 3-0 win, we are far to busy talking about crowd trouble. :(

So what stopped you from having it with the 50 Millwall fans... Squaring up proves nothing. I'm sure you're not cleverer enough to take the brave move that the numpty took on Saturday. Scared of being banned??

And another thing... How goods your geography? "East Side fanny" invest in an atlas. Don't place me somewhere where I'm not and I'm sure some of those in the East will be offended by that statement..:blush::stunned:

jheez do you want me to spell it out to you because you obviously don't have the brain capacity. Because I have some common sense I along with the other people I was with knew to not start swinging because there's no chance that we were going to come out on top. And I never said east side? Also I really could not give a f**k if I offend anyone, if you get offended on the Internet that easily then it's not the place for you tbh.

Snide clobber, and backpacks, but I agree. as far as I can see, it's a group of youth who were happy to pretend to be interested until actually face to face with just one person.

yes he shouldn't have done it blah blah... But no-one who didn't want to be there would have been there.
As a U's fan I do agree with this to an extent, none of our fans were expected to sit in their allocated seat - I personally kept well away from the line of fire behind the goal. Most of our fans who congregated on that far side seemed happy to goad the Southend fans and likewise so did yours I'm not saying what happened was right but I'd be more upset had it been an innocent lad just watching the game and minding his own business who got a smack.

These incidents have put such a downer on what was a great result. I'm embarrassed to see the videos going around social media of the behaviour of our "fan". If he thinks he is a fan of our club then he is much mistaken. This will cost the club a lot of money, which clearly we do not have. Possibly cost us a signing or 2 in the summer, or mean we can't keep hold of a couple.

Should be given a lifetime ban from all sporting venues. No question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back