• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A six year old in block x today would have felt intimidated regardless of whether there was any trouble, which actually there wasn't, that took place on the pitch and in the North Bank. The noise and atmosphere does not make that area of the ground suitable for a six year old, maybe do a tiny bit of research next time before taking a young child into a section right next to the away fans at a local derby.

Some real sanctimonious drivel been spouted on here tonight. Yes the guy who rushed their fans shouldn't have done it but hey **** happens and some of you are slating that entire section who to be honest were absolutely superb in their support and spent 99% of the time laughing at the silly little boys from Col U. There was no malice until we saw Col U punching stewards and trying to get to us in block x. Couple of guys wrongly go over the wall and all of a sudden it's us doing the goading, grow up and I bet most of you whining about it do no singing or cheering.

That was the first time i've been in the West for years and I did not feel intimidated or threatened by anyones behaviour, get a grip all you wanna be crimewatch presenters. The guy will be nicked for sure but the police really were pathetic and for all the Deegan haters one of the old bill had a huge beard, was he a target for the ref ? lol

Most accurate post I've ever read on this forum

You see this is another example of people talking utter rubbish. The guy did not assault them twice, the second time it was a young tubby lad who was dealt with very roughly by the stewards which he deserved.

The first guy who took on the front row reacted to violence happening in the north bank, he actually said "i'm not ****ing having that" then jumped over and rushed them. People need to stop making up what they don't know.

To be fair, Rayleigh Dan didn't even say that it was the same guy both times, he said "if it was the same guy". You should probably read more carefully before saying the he's talking utter rubbish and making stuff up.

Also, who cares if they were reacting to goading/violence from the Col U fans? That doesn't make it any less pathetic. I know that most of the fans in that area are great at supporting the club but that doesn't mean that we should be condoning or making excuses for these idiots that spoil it for the majority.

"I bet most of you whining about it do no singing or cheering"

Believe it or not, it's possible to sing/cheer for your team without wanting us to attack opposing fans. Ridiculous comment that.

Same old Southend fans making a mountain out of a mole hill. It's embarrassing the way our supporters make a big deal out of an isolated bit of disorder. Seriously. This is why the atmosphere at Roots Hall will never be great because no one has each other's back. I personally loved the passion and hostility that incident caused, made it a real Derby atmosphere instead of it being all happy clappy.

10,000 crowd and four police inside the ground. A third of the stewards are women.

Because they are best at calming situations down. A stewards job is not to deal with violence; it's to steward the game, not police it.

As you say - 4 police? Hard to believe.

Same old Southend fans making a mountain out of a mole hill. It's embarrassing the way our supporters make a big deal out of an isolated bit of disorder. Seriously. This is why the atmosphere at Roots Hall will never be great because no one has each other's back. I personally loved the passion and hostility that incident caused, made it a real Derby atmosphere instead of it being all happy clappy.

Are you being serious? I will give you the benefit of the doubt and trust you have one too many Shandy's after the win!

Last edited by a moderator:
It got Proppa Nawty..........I heard Danny Dyer is coming down to our next game......to have it large!

Left a sour taste today......Col U fans were goading for a long time & how the police didn't step in I don't know!!

I thought it was funny when our lad ran over to Col U and threw 10 punches in quick succession.

I know we're going to get fined, and I know it wasn't the right thing to do, but it was hilarious.

You're all better humans than me, well done.

Guy runs onto pitch then throws several hooks then is allowed back into the stand:stunned:

Away fans throw coins and try to get into the home end(pathetic attempt)yet nobody ejected:stunned:

Personally I can never understand why people fight over a game of football,and because I was unfortunately in the west I never saw any of the goals because the big blokes all around me were all bloody standing!

Never in the west EVER AGAIN,next sell out game if I cannot get better seats then I'm staying home:stunned:

I can kind of see both sides here and believe me, there was a lot worse in the 1970's, but the issue here is not that there were a few blows in Shakespeare Drive after the game, but that people/a person went across the pitch and caused an incident, whether provoked or not, during the match, which is a big no no to the football authorities, from who we are already on a warning, as I understand it.

It's about protecting our club and the 8,900 odd people who can behave, whether goaded or not.

No issue with singing, chanting, winding up the oppo fans and so on. It's all part of what makes a big football match something of an occasion, but there's a line to not step over.

If people want a punch up, have it in Priory Park after the game. Not inside the ground thanks .. and that goes for Col Utd fans, as well, who think chucking coins and attacking stewards is alright, too!

If SUFC had implemented allocated seating for this "high risk" game, as Col U did on Boxing Day, then the chances of a "brethren of bellend" congregating adjacent to the home fans would have been nigh on impossible, thus easier to manage.

That said, yesterday was calamitous for the club, the FA reps, that were there, will look at a number of things, already mentioned by previous posters, it is totally unacceptable in football today for this to happen....regardless of blame.

U's fan here, very silly behaviour from both sets of fans indeed. Undoubtedly morons in our end who were more interested in goading the home fans than watching the game, throwing coins and fighting with stewards is totally unacceptable. The bloke who ran on the pitch, well he's in for it, why oh why would anyone do that in today's football police era? He could lose his job, spend time inside alongside receiving a lengthy ban! The kid he punched is about 17 but as many have said if he was goading the whole time then it was hardly unprovoked to an extent. But we all take responsibility for our own actions and that fella will be paying a very heavy price now!

Anyway, as always it's just a minority. I'll choose to remember the vast amount of Southend fans who donated to Tom Leggets charity over one or two mindless idiots who think doing what they done yesterday makes them heroes, I'm sure they'll feel heroic in their police cell.

Oh and btw I don't blame the stewards who were actually there at all, what on earth were they meant to do? Why wasn't there police there?!

U's fan here, very silly behaviour from both sets of fans indeed. Undoubtedly morons in our end who were more interested in goading the home fans than watching the game, throwing coins and fighting with stewards is totally unacceptable. The bloke who ran on the pitch, well he's in for it, why oh why would anyone do that in today's football police era? He could lose his job, spend time inside alongside receiving a lengthy ban! The kid he punched is about 17 but as many have said if he was goading the whole time then it was hardly unprovoked to an extent. But we all take responsibility for our own actions and that fella will be paying a very heavy price now!

Anyway, as always it's just a minority. I'll choose to remember the vast amount of Southend fans who donated to Tom Leggets charity over one or two mindless idiots who think doing what they done yesterday makes them heroes, I'm sure they'll feel heroic in their police cell.

Oh and btw I don't blame the stewards who were actually there at all, what on earth were they meant to do? Why wasn't there police there?!

Well said on both posts mate. Sums up my view exactly. Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you survive. I would be very happy to play you again next season, but for all the right reasons rather than some of yesterday's antics.

For me these incidents have tarnished a great derby victory.

Let's be clear, this type of behaviour is totally unjustified whether he was goaded or not. It saddens me to see some think it was amusing.

Personally I can never understand why people fight over a game of football,and because I was unfortunately in the west I never saw any of the goals because the big blokes all around me were all bloody standing!

Never in the west EVER AGAIN,next sell out game if I cannot get better seats then I'm staying home:stunned:

Maybe you should have researched YOUR seats a bit better too! S, T, U block are all perfectly fine for watching and were yesterday. V block, you will stand a good chance in a sold out crowd of having some people standing, W or X block pretty much nailed on everyone will be standing.

Well said on both posts mate. Sums up my view exactly. Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you survive. I would be very happy to play you again next season, but for all the right reasons rather than some of yesterday's antics.
Ah we're long gone fella, no chance of us staying up for quite a few weeks now! We have a chairman who makes very bonkers decisions with how to run the first team so hopefully a spell on league 2 will make him take his head out of his arse!

Ah we're long gone fella, no chance of us staying up for quite a few weeks now! We have a chairman who makes very bonkers decisions with how to run the first team so hopefully a spell on league 2 will make him take his head out of his arse!

Wasn't there yesterday, but sounds like you have a decent side, but why do you capitulate as soon as you let a goal in.

Seems one brings three very quickly, like the discipline goes?

Its a tough league to get out of as we will tell you, and you'll hate the majority of it, but it could be the best thing for you lads. Rebuild the squad similar to how we had to, and then when you come back you'll be much more competitive using the high of promotion as we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back