• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scott, one day I hope you get a sense of balance in your views and stop seeing everything in such black and white terms.

As someone that grew up watching football in an era of football violence it would be hypocritcal of me to slate individuals or groups that want to fight each other (it's happened throughout time at football, inter-schools, and most town centre's on a Friday/Sat night unfortunately) but the poor behaviour on Saturday wasn't restricted to one side.

Both sides were involved in scuffles with stewards, both sides were shouting abuse, you had a couple got on the pitch, we had some idiots that tried (and apologies I don't know if they did or didn't get close) to get to Bolger and also threw objects into your home support. Neither of our "elements" covered themselves in glory but that vast majority in the ground created a decent atmopshere, demonstrating rivalry, some banter which makes a refreshing change from the sterile atmospheres at many games. There is a lot of evidence available which confirms this, some on social media, plenty on the CCTV at the stadium and a growing amount with Essex Police. There will be consequences for numerous fans of both CUFC and SUFC and, unfortunately for one or both clubs too.

For someone that has more than a passing interest in football hooliganism in the past Scott I'm slightly suprised at your hyperbole reaction to the events of Saturday, I'm sure you've seen much worse before and wishing a "nuke" on a part of the county because of it really just makes you sound rather juvenille and an odd thing for someone who has been on the SUFC Supporters Trust, the prominent member of TBV and a person that gets an occasional meeting with senior people at your club.

Bloody hell you need to learn banter sunshine you think I want a nuke to land anywhere in the UK or for that matter the world?!? Lol

If you knew me in person you would understand my character which many on here can vouch for!

Anyway back up the A12 with you, I have zero interest in entertaining debate with yourself really.

Getting quite worried about the love in we are having with the scummers on this board

Thanks for coming on the zone and all the best for the future. Apologies for our moronic element who are giving you grief here, as you saw on Saturday, we have some complete numpties as fans.

These things go in cycles, you will be back up soon enough. Really glad we did ourselves proud with the Tom Leggett donations.

All the best.
Let's all cuddle xxxxxxxx

Bloody hell you need to learn banter sunshine you think I want a nuke to land anywhere in the UK or for that matter the world?!? Lol

If you knew me in person you would understand my character which many on here can vouch for!

Anyway back up the A12 with you, I have zero interest in entertaining debate with yourself really.

Getting quite worried about the love in we are having with the scummers on this board

Oh right - didn't realise you were trying to be humerous (as that's what banter is meant to be right?!)

I'm pretty comfortable I know exactly what your character is Scott (I have seen you in person previously) and I know many plenty of others that have too and I think behind the bravado you are fundamentally a bright decent lad.

As for going back up the A12 - that's the amazing thing with this internet malarky - I don't have to be in Southend to comment on this message board.

No need to be worried about a "love-in" though, some of us grown-ups are able to engage in conversations with rival clubs fans without needing to abuse/fight to express our mutual dislike of each others clubs! (some of us are able to use "banter" too!)

Oh right - didn't realise you were trying to be humerous (as that's what banter is meant to be right?!)

I'm pretty comfortable I know exactly what your character is Scott (I have seen you in person previously) and I know many plenty of others that have too and I think behind the bravado you are fundamentally a bright decent lad.

As for going back up the A12 - that's the amazing thing with this internet malarky - I don't have to be in Southend to comment on this message board.

No need to be worried about a "love-in" though, some of us grown-ups are able to engage in conversations with rival clubs fans without needing to abuse/fight to express our mutual dislike of each others clubs! (some of us are able to use "banter" too!)

Funny enough I run the Southend v Colchester banter page on Facebook and get on well with the Colchester lad who runs his half

bravado think you will find I am the same at home at work in the bath anywhere, I am me

Funny enough I run the Southend v Colchester banter page on Facebook and get on well with the Colchester lad who runs his half

bravado think you will find I am the same at home at work in the bath anywhere, I am me

Cant get that image out of my head now.................

Funny you mention that. I was walking up Vic Ave with my son before the game Saturday and a bunch of young adults came down the hill giving it large in the faces of myself and my son. Rather than give them a clump, I wished them good luck in L2 next season. The brave lads then waited until my son and I had passed before throwing things at us. How Brave eh.

So please don't moan about a bit of banter on here, clearly some of your fans can give banter but cannot accept it back, instead resorting to cowardly acts.

PS...Can't wait until you get relegated. Should be some time in March :winking:

Thanks for coming on the zone and all the best for the future. Apologies for our moronic element who are giving you grief here, as you saw on Saturday, we have some complete numpties as fans.

I was not involved in any of the goings on that happened on saturday but I'm sure how you can really say this when I saw the col u fans attacking stewards and causing problems all game long. I do not condone what our 'fan' did but theres no difference between the way they behaved and the way some of our fans behaved.

Stop acting like a goody two shoes and actually open your eyes. Two wrong's don't make a right I know that but getting a bit sick of hearing all this about our fans when Col U were the same if not worse in my opinion.

Funny you mention that. I was walking up Vic Ave with my son before the game Saturday and a bunch of young adults came down the hill giving it large in the faces of myself and my son. Rather than give them a clump, I wished them good luck in L2 next season. The brave lads then waited until my son and I had passed before throwing things at us. How Brave eh.

So please don't moan about a bit of banter on here, clearly some of your fans can give banter but cannot accept it back, instead resorting to cowardly acts.

PS...Can't wait until you get relegated. Should be some time in March :winking:

The two things I would say to that are:

1. Col Ewe fans are no better or worse than us. Let's not try and pretend otherwise.
2. Do you honestly think inflaming the situation by making such a remark, whether in jest or not, was a wise thing to do?

No need to be worried about a "love-in" though, some of us grown-ups are able to engage in conversations with rival clubs fans without needing self abuse to express our mutual liking of each other and sheep and flowers, everything is lovely and it will be spring soon so there will be lots of little lambs to drool over. (some of us are able to use "banter" too!)
XXX, big hugs Possums

Steady on Chap. That is taking it a bit far!

Blimey, bloke comes on here saying "fair play and thanks".

Turns out he's a ****! :omg: :winking:

The two things I would say to that are:

1. Col Ewe fans are no better or worse than us. Let's not try and pretend otherwise.
2. Do you honestly think inflaming the situation by making such a remark, whether in jest or not, was a wise thing to do?

I didn't inflame the situation, I stood up for myself and returned the banter.

If our grandfathers didn't inflame the situation when Germany invaded by fighting back, we would all be called Jurgen and Helmut by now

Thought I'd put a wink at the end. I wasn't being serious, just a bit of lightheartedness

Erm............what you did/said was not generally recognisable as banter, any more than true blue's: sledging, yes: but banter, no.
I think a modicum of wit and humour is needed for it to be more than just to be the mouthing of a winker.

Back