• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMA isn't really a real martial art, it has more in common with boxing (competition focused, no belt system, little emphasis on self defence, competition encourages brutal attacks which would be illegal in other competitions) than traditional martial arts, and so definitely attracts a different crowd.

Sounds like he put his skills to good use.

Then why don't you call the police and put in a complaint? If you're not prepared to stand up and be counted then stop moaning.

Because the main investigations will be carried out by Colchester police. Looking at a few tweets, these are the same Colchester police who responded to a tweet from a Colchester fan who addressed our club as Scum. The policeman had a choice to make reference to this phrase, ignore the fan but instead answered it as though the term 'Scum' is acceptable. I don't hold much faith.

On a side note, some fans have already mentioned the Colchester fans fracas ahead of the infamous invader

"Quote Originally Posted by Silencer -
Rightly or wrongly, somebody has taken it upon themselves to grass this man to the police so they must be very proud of themselves this afternoon. I can envisage what kind of person/people these are, without getting too political I could almost certainly pinpoint a few of their other beliefs too.

Really? What astonishing powers you have!

Not powers, just realistic and in touch with the real world

I am aware of at least one Colchester fan who has made an official complaint to Steve Kavanagh accusing several Southend players of spitting at the Colchester fans when Bolger was set about. It has been requested that a very prominent Southend player is disciplined by the club and reported to the FA.

His face is all over the social media, he is known to the club yet 'somebody' ,are you suggesting a fellow supporter, 'grassed' him up .....is it not a bit too soon to make that conclusion??

Time may tell but the club themselves may have reviewed the footage and identified him, or he may even have handed himself in - do we know yet for sure either way?

I am aware of at least one Colchester fan who has made an official complaint to Steve Kavanagh accusing several Southend players of spitting at the Colchester fans when Bolger was set about. It has been requested that a very prominent Southend player is disciplined by the club and reported to the FA.

Did you tell your mate to stop crying?

Rightly or wrongly, somebody has taken it upon themselves to grass this man to the police so they must be very proud of themselves this afternoon. I can envisage what kind of person/people these are, without getting too political I could almost certainly pinpoint a few of their other beliefs too.

For me and this is just my personal opinion and feeling towards this thread, but I personally frown more upon the person/people that have provided these details towards this arrest more than the man who attacked like minded thugs. Yes I agree that you can't go around committing this act at a football match and within a football stadium, even more so in these day's of social media, camera fans and face painted fans in all seater stadiums. Our sport has come a long way to provide a nicer match day atmosphere and an entertainment for the masses although for some football isn't the same as the good old days.

Despite my acknowledgement that the act was not lawful, part of me was happy to see this chap respond in the way he did (although I am sad that it will play such a negative part in his life now) but at least he stood up for himself after an hour of solid provovaction and being the receipient of coins hitting our area. The Southend fans seemed to be angry at the charging Colchester fans who swiftly returned to the North Bank at the sight of these Southend supporters. At least these fans actually had a pair to do what the police and stewards couldn't do......a small bit of protection and retribution for our club, stewards and particularly the fans being under threat in the X and W blocks.

I don't feel he was necessarily "grassed" up. On Saturday I turned to the person sitting behind me and said that looks like xxxx.
And that was from the South Upper. The grainy footage on the internet did nothing other than reinforce who I thought it was.
And I don't know the bloke that well....
The OB will have jumped to the same conclusion, he is known to them. To be honest the club may not have recognised him as the association was a few years ago now.

I don't feel he was necessarily "grassed" up. On Saturday I turned to the person sitting behind me and said that looks like xxxx.
And that was from the South Upper. The grainy footage on the internet did nothing other than reinforce who I thought it was.
And I don't know the bloke that well....
The OB will have jumped to the same conclusion, he is known to them. To be honest the club may not have recognised him as the association was a few years ago now.

Lager looks all the same to me.

Whilst I don't condone the actions of our supporter, something, as others have said, must be done about the group of Col Ewe fans who were punching Bolger and the stewards, as well as winding us up.

no one grassed him up he handed himself in this morning

its safe to say he heavily regrets his actions

but there's no smoke without fire

no one grassed him up he handed himself in this morning

its safe to say he heavily regrets his actions

but there's no smoke without fire

I really wish people would stop using Colchesters behaviour as an excuse.

They were acting like nobs, but at no point did I feel the need to run across the pitch and punch anyone.

Because the main investigations will be carried out by Colchester police. Looking at a few tweets, these are the same Colchester police who responded to a tweet from a Colchester fan who addressed our club as Scum. The policeman had a choice to make reference to this phrase, ignore the fan but instead answered it as though the term 'Scum' is acceptable. I don't hold much faith.

On a side note, some fans have already mentioned the Colchester fans fracas ahead of the infamous invader

They're essex police not colchester police. If you have evidence you think police should be made aware of then phone them up and tell them rather than coming on here bleating about the police not doing anything.
Oh sorry, you don't grass do you...

Answer me this.

A female steward gets assaulted and nothing gets done. In fact they carried on regardless. And assaulted more stewards and one of our players.

If you were in the street and that happened and you went over and punched someone for slapping a woman you'd probably get a pat on the back.

What's so different?

It's a strange world. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back