• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone asked Steve Kavanagh whether the Club will be asking the police to investigate the attack on Bolger? At the very least the FA should have a view. Mind you it will probably boil down to SUFC not controlling the crowd properly.

By the way, is it me or have we disinterred 'Today's incident on SportBible'?

Do we know the exact charges?

Be interesting to see what he is charged with.

Lewis Alderman's video certainly highlights plenty of punches being thrown in the Col Utd section, well before our fella invaded the pitch, so there should be further arrests to follow.

Then why don't you call the police and put in a complaint? If you're not prepared to stand up and be counted then stop moaning.

What's got you are riled? Calm down dear.

I think it's acceptable to think that the police wouldn't be biased and would look at all the goings on. Just because the Southend lad was more obvious in his violence, doesn't make what the Colchester fans did any less violent.

Answer me this.

A female steward gets assaulted and nothing gets done. In fact they carried on regardless. And assaulted more stewards and one of our players.

If you were in the street and that happened and you went over and punched someone for slapping a woman you'd probably get a pat on the back.

What's so different?

It's a strange world. ..

He didnt punch the person who did it though.

Going by your analogy if you saw a women getting punched and you walked over and punched someone near by would that be ok?

Thats the problem there were Col U fans acting like idiots, and the ones he did hit were no doubt idiots too, but they were unlikely to be the ones throwing punches, so he was basically just hitting random people.

Id aso point out he then assaulted a female steward himself, so no chivalry there.

Has anyone asked Steve Kavanagh whether the Club will be asking the police to investigate the attack on Bolger?

My understanding (and I am ready to be corrected if wrong) is unless a complaint is made then the Police won't follow it up automatically. If a complaint is made then they have a duty to investigate?. I have a sneaky suspician that if our pitch invading 'friend' hadn't been the subject of a complaint then it might not have got to the stage it has.

I have to admit that whilst what the fella did was bang out of order - the rightous indignation of the Col U mob stuck in my craw somewhat, given the behaviour of some of their fans - one bloke spent about two days bleating about it on twitter and the rest were all over twitter moaning and complaining about how dangerous it was and people getting attacked - had they won the game I suspect not much would have been made about it from their perspective.

So it's the Col U fans who are grasses by complaining officially about a well deserved Southend windmill on the chops.. Can't trust these north Essex monkeys

Whilst I don't condone the actions of our supporter, something, as others have said, must be done about the group of Col Ewe fans who were punching Bolger and the stewards, as well as winding us up.

I'm not sure 'winding us up' is an offence? If that was the case then there would be few in block W in for the next game as I was in block X next to the wall with W and both before and during (especially when we scored) the game the vast majority spent their time goading, gesticulating, and generally calling out the Colchester yobs who had positioned themselves nearest the west.

I also wonder whether the club will do anything with the other fans that made it over the wall but were pushed back by a combination of the stewards and the players (in my view not enough has been said of the players efforts in calming things down.

He didnt punch the person who did it though.

Going by your analogy if you saw a women getting punched and you walked over and punched someone near by would that be ok?

Thats the problem there were Col U fans acting like idiots, and the ones he did hit were no doubt idiots too, but they were unlikely to be the ones throwing punches, so he was basically just hitting random people.

Id aso point out he then assaulted a female steward himself, so no chivalry there.

No he wasn't. Why are you so keen to sweep their actions under the carpet.

He didn't throw coins at their children, he didn't attack one of their players, or their stewards. In his defence it was more spur of the moment reaction rather than some pre-planned, old school football attack. For some reason in the football world the fact that he run across the pitch makes him worse than any of the CU fans. If you apply any logic to the event, then his offence was less than most of the others on Saturday. Including our own club for dangerously under policing the match.

Again, as mentioned elsewhere, I would heartily commend our players who did their best to try and calm a volatile situation down. I don't think enough credit is - or has been - been given to them.

Again, as mentioned elsewhere, I would heartily commend our players who did their best to try and calm a volatile situation down. I don't think enough credit is - or has been - been given to them.

Agreed, but players of all clubs need to be more careful about overly celebrating a goal in areas of the stadium where potential flashpoints might occur.

Agreed, but players of all clubs need to be more careful about overly celebrating a goal in areas of the stadium where potential flashpoints might occur.

Indeed, very difficult though when the focus of our support is often W block. I can understand Barrett heading in that direction but was a bit surprised that Wordsworth did.

Yep, it's a tough one, but potentially risky, especially when the goals was at the other end of the ground.

That said, there's plenty worse, like actually going right up to the away end - Adebayor (etc.)

I totally agree with you and geoffmundo. The players were fantastic. It's not their job to control our supporters and diffuse the situation. :Worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back