• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Someone's bored after our recent good run of results and is now moaning about shrimperzoners instead. Terrible manager Phil must be doing something right then 😄

Someone's bored after our recent good run of results and is now moaning about shrimperzoners instead. Terrible manager Phil must be doing something right then 

Westy I just knew you would be on this thread like a rash,you never disappoint.

To be fair, you didn't seem to be too bothered about offending anyone last season when you were slagging off our then current players like Corr, Coulthirst and any other striker we had apart from Williams. I think Brown has also come in for a whole chunk of abuse from you as well in the past, hasn't he?

#justsaying
Big difference between expressing frustration about what is happening on the pitch at the time and bringing up crap like this many years after players have moved on, retired etc. I can only assume as we are currently doing well some people are so bored they have nothing better to do.

I understand what you're saying and agree to a certain degree, even though I noted Chris Ramsay as an awful Right Back ( because he was and he's doing ok as a coach ), however the zone has threads, of which we have current players, currently playing being lambasted and slated, so I don't really see the difference, in fact, I see the latter worse.

For someone who spent most of last season criticising a team that ultimately got promoted, I'm surprised you're worrying about how others feel. How did the players and staff feel when you were chipping away at them constantly?

This is a thread about players that were genuinely bad - you couldn't see the good in a team that was actually pretty decent.

Big difference between expressing frustration about what is happening on the pitch at the time and bringing up crap like this many years after players have moved on, retired etc. I can only assume as we are currently doing well some people are so bored they have nothing better to do.

Yes agreed,

Imagine if one of the older ex players told his children or grandchildren"yeah I played for Southend" and those very same children read the views regarding their father/grandfather.

For someone who spent most of last season criticising a team that ultimately got promoted, I'm surprised you're worrying about how others feel. How did the players and staff feel when you were chipping away at them constantly?

This is a thread about players that were genuinely bad - you couldn't see the good in a team that was actually pretty decent.

Read my my answer to fbm,cannot be bothered to explain it again.

Read my my answer to fbm,cannot be bothered to explain it again.

Come on now , deep breath.
We don't want the 'old' Mrs B back do we ?
Remember what we all agreed - the 'old' Mrs B is not nice when she hasn't eaten.

What a load of sanctimonious bollox.

If the BBC can do programmes around the time of a World Cup called "England's Worst XI" and you don't hear of the likes of Francis Jeffers, Carlton Palmer and Michael Ricketts' third cousin's flatmate's uncle not topping themselves as someone said something REALLY nasty then I don't think a poll on a 3rd tier football team's forum is going to do much more damage.

Oh and I wonder if the Orangatango wakes up in cold sweats because Bob Mills found it WELL FUNNY that Phil Brown kept the Hull team on the pitch at Man City. Nasty people. Nasty, vile, vindictive people.

Can we go back to discussing the merits of vaulting walls and taking on a posse of 17 year old children instead, it's slightly more entertaining.

Yes agreed,

Imagine if one of the older ex players told his children or grandchildren"yeah I played for Southend" and those very same children read the views regarding their father/grandfather.
I highly doubt the relatives of players from years ago will be trawling Shrimperzone on the off chance that their relative might be mentioned.

If a player was bad enough to be mentioned as the worst player we've ever had in a position, they probably already know they were bad for us. It's highly unlikely that many ex-players look on Shrimperzone anyway, especially not a bad player because you'd assume they had a relatively unhappy time at the club so would hardly be going on Shrimperzone to remind themselves of that.

Amazed that mrsblue has managed to string you all along for so long. Have you not sussed it's mr s blue, a geezer or worst scenario a geezer bird :smile:

These threads voting for the worst player's who have worn our beloved blue leave a bad taste.

Those very same player's or even their children or grandchildren could well be reading people's views.

I have avoided them like the plague,might be fun for some.

Sorry if this offends anyone.

I don't think I have ever agreed with you before but on this I had the same thought. Amazed you feel the need to apologise for causing offence on one of the few times you haven't caused any!

Actually I was trying to just inject a little light relief amongst a time when there was so much other stuff going on around last weekends events that overshadowed our performance on the pitch.

I'm not bored, trust me. I have a life that dictates I can't spend all that much time on the zone at the moment.

And you're right... there is a massive difference between talking about ex-players that have moved on, probably out of the game, retired and who didn't have the greatest of times here, and spouting a ton of abuse and vitriol either during the match or afterwards aimed at the current players. At least the historic comments aren't going to lose us any points.

Incidentally, Brett Angell, one of our heroes, was voted "The worst player to pull on an Everton shirt ever" by the fans of a club 10 times bigger than us. I wouldn't imagine it's ruined his life.

You're correct; it's crap. But it's light-hearted crap and I've already said to mrsblue that he has a point. If there's enough anti feeling then we won't do it.

But actually, just thinking about all the really poor players who have turned out for us in the past really makes me appreciate the ones we have now. Quite a positive, don't you think?

Actually I was trying to just inject a little light relief amongst a time when there was so much other stuff going on around last weekends events that overshadowed our performance on the pitch.

I'm not bored, trust me. I have a life that dictates I can't spend all that much time on the zone at the moment.

And you're right... there is a massive difference between talking about ex-players that have moved on, probably out of the game, retired and who didn't have the greatest of times here, and spouting a ton of abuse and vitriol either during the match or afterwards aimed at the current players. At least the historic comments aren't going to lose us any points.

Incidentally, Brett Angell, one of our heroes, was voted "The worst player to pull on an Everton shirt ever" by the fans of a club 10 times bigger than us. I wouldn't imagine it's ruined his life.

You're correct; it's crap. But it's light-hearted crap and I've already said to mrsblue that he has a point. If there's enough anti feeling then we won't do it.

But actually, just thinking about all the really poor players who have turned out for us in the past really makes me appreciate the ones we have now. Quite a positive, don't you think?

The Angell vote was in 442 iirc, the same survey had Mark Beard as the worst player at two different clubs , Sheff utd and Millwall I think. He had just been voted our player of the year.
opinions and expectations eh !

I think its admirable that Mrs Blue is considering how others may react to posts, but in this instance I dont think its too much to be concerned about.

Just looking back, we've been here several times before.

Check out this thread from 2008

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...anager-and-Worst-Player/page7&highlight=worst

this one from 2007

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...rst-Southend-players-XI/page3&highlight=worst

2006 was a slightly more specific "Worst of" poll, concentrating just on wingers

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?19044-Worst-of-these-wingers&highlight=worst

The Times ran a "Worst 50 players ever" with 2 Shrimpers in there -

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...-Online-Worst-50-players-ever&highlight=worst

canveyshrimper, God bless him, started a worst XI poll in 2005

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?13549-All-time-bad-11&highlight=worst

We had a head to head pony poll in 2007

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?29647-Who-was-more-pony&highlight=worst

and all through these threads there doesn't appear to be one mention of bad taste or criticism of any of the posters, or the very notion that we should be discussing it.

What has happened? Have we become so humourless and politically correct?

ok, own up, who's knicked mrsblue's log in details?
the mrsblue of this forum would never, ever post something like the first post on this thread.
i know they've chilled out recently but serious.
you'll be supporting Jeremy Corbyn next!

Back