• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As I see it, we shouldn't be asking how many they are bringing, we should be rallying around our supporters to fill the home part of the ground. So come on everyone, get all your mates, day trippers, glory hunters (?), wives, girlfriends (even your own) to attend and lets get RH rocking!

Just got this via email. The Club must be listening to you Wally

Gillingham.jpg

I've already got tickets so the email is of definite value to me!

.... So come on everyone, get all your mates, day trippers, glory hunters (?), wives, girlfriends (even your own) to attend and lets get RH rocking!

....like we did last summer! :thumbsup:

In honesty I've no idea what the team will be here. Brown could either take the easy route ("don't change a winning team") or he could be clever and come up with a formation and team selection to beat Gillingham that involves 3 or 4 changes. If we win, he's made the right call. If we don't win, it will be very easy for people on these forums to claim he should have done the other thing.

Edinburgh is desperate for reinforcements, hence todays signing, saying he cant even fill a subs bench, with injuries at the weekend to El Abd, on loan defender and club captain Lofts. He is already without Cody McDonald, John Egan, Ryan Jackson, Adam Chicksen and youngster Elliot List, despite this though a patched up outfit turned in a cracking performance against Crewe, just like we did against Barnsley. Gills played 3-5-2 at home

In honesty I've no idea what the team will be here. Brown could either take the easy route ("don't change a winning team") or he could be clever and come up with a formation and team selection to beat Gillingham that involves 3 or 4 changes. If we win, he's made the right call. If we don't win, it will be very easy for people on these forums to claim he should have done the other thing.

Truthfully, this season most of the team selections on SZ have been pretty dire and probably worse than some of Phil's. I've seen opening posts on the official match threads where posters have questioned PB's sanity/parentage/virginity etc, you name it he's been called it. Then the side has gone out and shown us that we probably know **** all and won well. The opposite is also true sometimes, we purr over the team selection and then get totally stuffed. That is the joy of SZ. We're all experts until were not.

I also have no idea what the team will be by the way
.:dim:

Im not taking anything for granted when it comes to Gillingham under jed, I rate him as a manager, and they have been solid pretty much all season. I do think Mr Brown is the most cunning of the two managers, its almost just a case of double bluff or not, in a game of poker, this is not a critism, as I am a fan of his, but when he gets it right, "it's just like watching Brazil" but when he gets it wrong.... well we could end up looking like San Marino... or worse Col Ewe.

Should be another cracking gate again Saturday.

Who knows with a good run in at the end of the season we may average around 8k which again hilights the need for an improved stadium to grow.

Hope we win and keep giving ourselves a chance to climb into that elusive 6th place

Timlin in for Kamara, I think it might be too much of a big game for Kamara (ok Col U at home was a big game, but most of the game he had a lot of time on the ball against a deep 10 men, and Col U are a lot worse than Gills). Timlin brings a lot more experience and I just think it's the safer option.

I'd also bring in McLaughlin for Wordsworth.

Timlin in for Kamara, I think it might be too much of a big game for Kamara (ok Col U at home was a big game, but most of the game he had a lot of time on the ball against a deep 10 men, and Col U are a lot worse than Gills). Timlin brings a lot more experience and I just think it's the safer option.

I'd also bring in McLaughlin for Wordsworth.

Would like to see both of those come in, but doubt we will see it happen, maybe Timo in after his goal, but Kamara did OK Saturday as did Wordsworth so would expect the same formation. But at home it would be nice to see us go with two wide players for once.

I do think Mr Brown is the most cunning of the two managers, its almost just a case of double bluff or not, in a game of poker

To be honest, I think Phil is almost too predictable with this now. Almost every week he says in the press conference that "XXXX has been pulling up trees in training and is certainly in my thinking for Saturday" and then XXXX doesn't even make the bench! It would be more of a surprise if he announced something or someone in the press conference and they DID start on Saturday in the role he was talking about!

Would like to see both of those come in, but doubt we will see it happen, maybe Timo in after his goal, but Kamara did OK Saturday as did Wordsworth so would expect the same formation. But at home it would be nice to see us go with two wide players for once.

I would not play Kamara - yes, he did well at Barnsley but I wonder if two games in a row might be too much - but would use Timlin instead.

As for Wordsworth ............ well he was okay at Barnsley. Nothing special or great but then he did his job so that is good. Overall I am little disappointed with his showing this season but I would give him another game in the hope that he will get better as he gets more time on the pitch.

I have a funny feeling it might be Coughlan picking Saturdays team.

Truthfully, this season most of the team selections on SZ have been pretty dire and probably worse than some of Phil's. I've seen opening posts on the official match threads where posters have questioned PB's sanity/parentage/virginity etc, you name it he's been called it. Then the side has gone out and shown us that we probably know **** all and won well. The opposite is also true sometimes, we purr over the team selection and then get totally stuffed. That is the joy of SZ. We're all experts until were not.

I also have no idea what the team will be by the way
Don't let that stop you:smile:

We turn in a great result against Barnsley, and then Gillingham next and the play-offs within reach. Just when I start to think maybe, just maybe, the whole disruptive business of Brown to Bolton really gets up a head of steam. I hope it doesn't make the Gills game and the rest of the season an anti-climax.

Back