• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

5scoops

Coach
We got a very old stadium so lets see what happens if we get a new one, also there no way to put in good wheelchairs spaces with cover .. shame thou I thought our ground for wheelchair was ok

Southend has one of the most dated grounds in the division so this should be no surprise. Don't take it personally.

We got a very old stadium so lets see what happens if we get a new one, also there no way to put in good wheelchairs spaces with cover .. shame thou I thought our ground for wheelchair was ok
BBC is biased anyway.....

Hardly surprising, we may love the old place but it belongs to a different era & hasn't been fit for modern purpose for years. We can only hope we get some positive news on the new ground soon otherwise I can see the next step will be the club being forced to close areas of the ground that no longer meet current safety standards, which is probably 3 sides of it!

Hardly surprising, we may love the old place but it belongs to a different era & hasn't been fit for modern purpose for years. We can only hope we get some positive news on the new ground soon otherwise I can see the next step will be the club being forced to close areas of the ground that no longer meet current safety standards, which is probably 3 sides of it!

Hmmm.

Is there a theme going on here? :unsure:

What are the views of wheelchair users? I know that some use the rear of the West Stand which is under cover but I'm not sure about the away end.

actually it's not bad (numerous posts accepted).

it's only not very good when the selfish people in front stand up

The north stand doesn't cater for.wheelchairs,you see.the away wheelchair fans sitting on the perimeter track behind the north east corner flag which is below the pitch and wet if it's raining :thumbdown:

Can't the club just stick wheelchair supporters in a box if there's one free and then they get a really decent experience?

Anyone see the Charlton game the other day.

They have a fans sofa by the corner flag and there was a family of four sitting on it.

Now, that's an idea! :cool:

Seriously, hope the club review the wheelchair options, as it would be nice if they had a better deal.

Anyone see the Charlton game the other day.

They have a fans sofa by the corner flag and there was a family of four sitting on it.

Now, that's an idea! :cool:

I like it. I could have a nap for most of SUFC matches :smile:

LOL. We could put a small table next to it with an alarm clock! :thumbsup:

You'd have got a good 85 minutes kip in, the last two home games!

Can't the club just stick wheelchair supporters in a box if there's one free and then they get a really decent experience?

Surely there is some law against that? Sounds like no way to treat the disabled to me!! :winking:

Seriously, I think the away supporters wheelchair position by the groundsmans hut is a great position to watch the match, almost feel part of the game, specially when a corner is being taken from a foot in front of you

Back