• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Amazing achievement, many congratulations to that man, Great idea to by guys on here for the club to recognise it and has Chris Phillips been alerted?

I reckon the club should buy him some momento, especially considering the amount of money that he has invested into the club.

I reckon the club should buy him some momento, especially considering the amount of money that he has invested into the club.

Perhaps Ron will present him a five pound voucher to spend in the club shop at halftime on Saturday .

I reckon that in about another 1000 games he'll be going to FF!

I take my hat off to Herman. He deserves all the plaudits coming his way.

imagejpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 59
Both Chris Phillips and Danny Macklin are keen to talk to him, if anyone can help put him in touch.

In the past I attended many a away game with Herman and others. Always a pleasure to be in his company. This is an event that definitely be recognized by the club...

Well done Paul UTB:happy:

Ive known Herman for many years he is a fantastic guy who always keeps us entertained every home game with his latest story. I know for a fact he was quite ill in hospital a few years ago but discharged himself early so not to miss a Southend home game.
I know he doesnt want a big fuss made of his 1000th game and would just be happy for Southend to win on Saturday but it is a remarkable achievement of dedication in following a club that hasnt always done well on the field.

I recognise that pic from the Lincoln game from the Sky coverage of the match. I think it summed up how everyone in that end felt as the game went the distance. They had a clip of him later when Freddy scored jumping up and down. The contrast in emotions really captured what it is like supporting a club like ours in a big game.

Fantastic achievement, much respect.

I recognise that pic from the Lincoln game from the Sky coverage of the match. I think it summed up how everyone in that end felt as the game went the distance. They had a clip of him later when Freddy scored jumping up and down. The contrast in emotions really captured what it is like supporting a club like ours in a big game.

Fantastic achievement, much respect.

Yes, when the Football Gods where looking down if there was one person in that stadium who's prayers deserved to be answered it was Herman's.

Know the family personally and have just spoken with Christine (his wife) on the phone. Csboy is correct in saying that Paul doesn't want any fuss. However Christine would really love it to be marked by the Club and Echo.

She has asked me to speak with him this evening, when he is home from work, to try and get him to 'go public'!

Will try my best and let you know the outcome.

Well done Paul! I became a supporter in 1947. and have missed just 4 home games since then I would like to think I'm a regular just like you

Back