• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The usual suspects locally are Concord Rangers, Canvey Town or Great Wakering Rovers. A bit further afield are Chelmsford City and Braintree Town. Bowers have also featured this season. There are smattering of ex Blues players amongst them and Chelmsford have some of ours on loan. It depends on what you fancy really and how easy it is for you to get there. All are good value in their own way.

I quite like Wakering, nice setup.

Billericay Town for me.

This thread has made me want to fire up a game of football manager and get through the leagues!

Depending on where I am, for me it would either be Grays Athletic or Tonbridge Angels.

Witham Town is five minutes from my house and I've been along a few times. They're not having a great couple of seasons though unfortunately. Last year they had some SUFC loanees there but now they've dropped into the Ryman One there's not much chance of that happening again.

Burnham Ramblers is now my local club...couple of minutes up the road. Lovely little setup there.

I know a few Shrimpers who live in and around the Dengie, and frequent Maldon & Tiptree...

Cheers for all the answers - me and my mate are going Bowers Thursday.

Will consider all the other teams in future :smile:

In the 70s,use to watch Romford now and then,even a few away games

Good London grounds are Wingate and Finchley, Dartford, VCD and Wealdstone. All worth a tues or weds night but involve travel.

Wealdstone in particular - nearest tube Ruilsip - is a fair old schlep from Essex!

On the plus side, you may meet The Raider...

Wealdstone in particular - nearest tube Ruilsip - is a fair old schlep from Essex!

On the plus side, you may meet The Raider...

Just in case you haven't seen him:

[video=youtube;sAhEFuq62-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhEFuq62-I[/video]

Cheers for all the answers - me and my mate are going Bowers Thursday.

Huge match. Winners well on the way to the Ryman League.
Bowers in similar position last year when games in hand proved too much and they were pipped by Haringey.

Opposition (FC Romania) will be selected from these players:

•Gilbert Nicolae Anghel
• Ioan Marius Anghenica
• Constantin Cristi Arotaritei
• ANDREI BACIU
• Dinu Barcari
• SORIN BUGIU
• Dragos Bogdan Ciolca
• ADRIAN COSOSCHI
• Ion Cosmin Costache
• Adrian Darabant
• MIHAI VALENTIN DINU
• LEONIDA DOBRE
• Gabriel Ghinea
• Razvan Ionut Gorea
• LAZAR ATANASOV KUMANOV
• GELU FELIX LUPU
• George Gabriel Marin
• Cosmin Matei
• ionut matei
• MIHAI TUDOR MINDRUSCA
• DANUT MOTOC
• Bogdan Patrianca
• Andrei Vladut Pavel
• SERGIU Pitaru
• Liviu Florin Pop
• ANDREI ROHETKI
• Petru Adrian Rotaru
• cosmin florin sandu
• George Gabriel Stroe
• George Taban
• Marius Laurentiu Teleoaca
• PAUL CATALIN TINCU
• Gabi Dumitrel Tudosa
• BOGDAN UNGUREANU
• IONUT UNGUREANU
• ILIE VALENTIN VASILE
• BRIAN VILLAVICENCIO

Referee who I suspect will have his work cut out is Peter Wilson from Chelmsford.

In the 70s,use to watch Romford now and then,even a few away games

So did i until they disbanded in the 70's.Then began watching Southend. I still go occasionally to watch Romford who now play their home games at Thurrocks lovely ground (formerly Purfleet). Perhaps I know you Ozzie?

Bowers in similar position last year when games in hand proved too much and they were pipped by Haringey.

•Gilbert Nicolae Anghel
• Ioan Marius Anghenica
• ANDREI BACIU
• Dinu Barcari
• SORIN BUGIU
• Dragos Bogdan Ciolca
• ADRIAN COSOSCHI
• Ion Cosmin Costache
• Adrian Darabant
• MIHAI VALENTIN DINU
• LEONIDA DOBRE
• Gabriel Ghinea
• Razvan Ionut Gorea
• LAZAR ATANASOV KUMANOV
• GELU FELIX LUPU
• George Gabriel Marin
• Cosmin Matei
• ionut matei
• MIHAI TUDOR MINDRUSCA
• DANUT MOTOC
• Bogdan Patrianca
• Andrei Vladut Pavel
• SERGIU Pitaru
• Liviu Florin Pop
• ANDREI ROHETKI
• Petru Adrian Rotaru
• cosmin florin sandu
• George Gabriel Stroe
• George Taban
• PAUL CATALIN TINCU
• Gabi Dumitrel Tudosa
• BOGDAN UNGUREANU
• IONUT UNGUREANU
• ILIE VALENTIN VASILE
• BRIAN VILLAVICENCIO

Referee who I suspect will have his work cut out is Peter Wilson from Chelmsford.

Some great Scrabble scores there!

•Gilbert Nicolae Anghel
• Ioan Marius Anghenica
• ANDREI BACIU
• Dinu Barcari
• SORIN BUGIU
• Dragos Bogdan Ciolca
• ADRIAN COSOSCHI
• Ion Cosmin Costache
• Adrian Darabant
• MIHAI VALENTIN DINU
• LEONIDA DOBRE
• Gabriel Ghinea
• Razvan Ionut Gorea
• LAZAR ATANASOV KUMANOV
• GELU FELIX LUPU
• George Gabriel Marin
• Cosmin Matei
• ionut matei
• MIHAI TUDOR MINDRUSCA
• DANUT MOTOC
• Bogdan Patrianca
• Andrei Vladut Pavel
• SERGIU Pitaru
• Liviu Florin Pop
• ANDREI ROHETKI
• Petru Adrian Rotaru
• cosmin florin sandu
• George Gabriel Stroe
• George Taban
• PAUL CATALIN TINCU
• Gabi Dumitrel Tudosa
• BOGDAN UNGUREANU
• IONUT UNGUREANU
• ILIE VALENTIN VASILE
• BRIAN VILLAVICENCIO

I am not unfamiliar with quite a few foreign languages but have no knowledge of Romanian,so wonder if you can explain why 15 and a half players on this list are spelt with CAPITAL LETTERS but poor cosmin florin sandu and ionut matei don't get any ?

So did i until they disbanded in the 70's.Then began watching Southend. I still go occasionally to watch Romford who now play their home games at Thurrocks lovely ground (formerly Purfleet). Perhaps I know you Ozzie?

sadly i doubt it...always went with a "then" girlfriend...had a good saturday market,she they would walk round there,then we would do what i wanted,a couple of beers in the RFC social club,then back to Sarfend.
Even bought a "single" record in Romford..MUD..tiger feet...:omg: you had to wait a few days till it came to Southend!!
Still got a RFC silk scarf & badge....was born in "oldchurch"???hospital

I am not unfamiliar with quite a few foreign languages but have no knowledge of Romanian,so wonder if you can explain why 15 and a half players on this list are spelt with CAPITAL LETTERS but poor cosmin florin sandu and ionut matei don't get any ?

Easy. The FA's all singing, all dancing Full-time website accepts names just as they are entered with no great syntax checking.

Back