• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro 2016

Bloke at work has just sent round the latest update for our office Euro sweepstake comp. And I quote....

"A rather uninspiring group stage is over...."

He can't have been watching much of this tournament, right?

I agree. I think it's been pretty good all in all.

I had a quick exchange with Glenn Speller yesterday as amongst about 100 excited tweets about the drama of the ROI game he was bemoaning a poor team getting through.

There may not have been much special in the quality of the football but theres been plenty of drama, dont understand that negativity.

Because apart from Bale, they're not that good. They'll get found out soon enough.
But Bale is really good. And he's not been anywhere near his best yet (and still scored three times!)
Well I disagree. They play like a team, individuals like Ramsey, Williams seem to thrive on being the senior pros. They have leaders, their manager knows the way he wants to play and the players do too. I think you do them a disservice and yes they do have Bale, he alone can carry them through. We dont have a player in his class.
The thing with Wales is that, apart from Bale and a few others who are really quite good, they play together as a TEAM, with passion and commitment. You can't say that about some of the others who've got through. I'd be delighted to see them progress further.

Belgium, Spain and Italy have been the most impressive so as far as I'm concerned, fancied Belgium at the outset, and first game apart, I still think they're the team to beat.

Knock out stage teams will play a lot differently to how they've done in the groups. Time for some of our lot to start earning their pay.

Last edited:
I had a quick exchange with Glenn Speller yesterday as amongst about 100 excited tweets about the drama of the ROI game he was bemoaning a poor team getting through.

There may not have been much special in the quality of the football but theres been plenty of drama, dont understand that negativity.

ROI also got through at the expense of Turkey, who are ****ing dire.

The thing with Wales is that, apart from Bale and a few others who are really quite good, they play together as a TEAM, with passion and commitment. You can't say that about some of the others who've got through. I'd be delighted to see them progress further.

Belgium, Spain and Italy
have been the most impressive so as far as I'm concerned, fancied Belgium at the outset, and first game apart, I still think they're the team to beat.

Knock out stage teams will play a lot differently to how they've done in the groups. Time for some of our lot to start earning their pay.

Really? I personally think they have all spluttered and not lived up to their hype.

Really? I personally think they have all spluttered and not lived up to their hype.

Personally,I'd say Germany,France ,Italy ,Spain and Croatia have been the most impressive teams so far.Croatia and one of the others (probably Germany or France will contest the final)

The best match so far was Hungary v Portugal though (closely folowed by Spain v Croatia)

Personally,I'd say Germany,France ,Italy ,Spain and Croatia have been the most impressive teams so far.Croatia and one of the others (probably Germany or France will contest the final)

The best match so far was Hungary v Portugal though (closely folowed by Spain v Croatia)

That's because neither team could defend.

Shaqiri has just scored the goal of the tournament for Switzerland. An absolute stunner.

Back