• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely this - anyone remember the horror show that Jack Butland put on when he was playing for against us for Cheltenham on loan (think we won 4-0) - he was worse than awful and now look at him.

That was one game and besides he then spent a year on loan in the Championship before playing in the Prem.

I personally don't think Dan has made that many errors, but as I've said before, it's his overall game that still needs work

I'm liking Ian Bentley in a sort of "he's bordering a bit" kind of way! :blush:

Bit left-field, but not afraid to stick up for his opinion. Rightly or wrongly.

Last edited:
I'm liking Ian Bentley.

Bit left-field, but not afraid to stick up for his opinion.

I wonder how Dan feels? I've said it before, but I'd be mortified if my Dad was discussing my future career and what I will and won't do, in public.

Agreed and to have a Twitter Account as well.

It's one thing discussing it amongst friends down the pub and another entirely, broadcasting it to the world, to be centre of attention.

Bizarre, but no punches pulled, that's for sure.

Bit like old Jelena Dokic's nuts dad!

Ian Bentley ‏@Mrincredible467 17h17 hours ago
@CJPhillips1982 Tee hee!! :smiles:

Tee Hee, is he a 9 year old girl?

Dan needs to make his own decisions for his own career. The old man needs to wind his neck in

I wonder how Dan feels? I've said it before, but I'd be mortified if my Dad was discussing my future career and what I will and won't do, in public.

So would I. I'd be telling him to butt out. The fact that DB hasn't says either he doesn't care what his dad says, or he can't control his dad! Don't know which though...

I don't know... Ings strikes me as a real 'Klopp' player. His work-rate is second to none and I think he will thrive in Klopp's pressing style.

You have a point, though he looks like another Rickie Lambert in the making, to me.

That was one game and besides he then spent a year on loan in the Championship before playing in the Prem.

I personally don't think Dan has made that many errors, but as I've said before, it's his overall game that still needs work

Not sure what you are saying here?

My point was that DB is young and will make mistakes just like Butland did. DB will, in my opinion, go on to become a great keeper just like Butland is.

I think I'd be a bit mortified my dad was calling himself "mrincredible"!!! :stunned:

Not sure what you are saying here?

My point was that DB is young and will make mistakes just like Butland did. DB will, in my opinion, go on to become a great keeper just like Butland is.

The point I'm making is you can't compare Bentley to Butland and as I said in my post, it's not about mistakes, it's about his all round game. If it was just the odd mistake, I would agree with you, but Bentley has not stood out this season to warrant being put in the same bracket as Butland

The point I'm making is you can't compare Bentley to Butland and as I said in my post, it's not about mistakes, it's about his all round game. If it was just the odd mistake, I would agree with you, but Bentley has not stood out this season to warrant being put in the same bracket as Butland
Butland now or Butland when he was Dan's age? We didn't see Butland over a whole season to judge him.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree, I'll be more surprised if Dan isn't a Premier League regular in a few seasons than if he is.

Butland now or Butland when he was Dan's age? We didn't see Butland over a whole season to judge him.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree, I'll be more surprised if Dan isn't a Premier League regular in a few seasons than if he is.

They only have an age difference of four months.

Who cares if DB stays or goes.He has had one good season,last year,and this year he has been very average.I'm sure he will
improve with age,but I would be surprised if he ever played for England.There are many good pros out there,who just need a chance.Lets hope SUFC capitalise financially.Players come and go,and we are not able to keep hold of players for too long.

Have to say that I think Bournemouth would be a good move for him. I think he'd really progress there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back