• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Pier

Manager
Your thoughts here please.
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to hear Brown's excuses for this one. It's getting embarrassing now, relegation form.

To be fair, we had our equal chances.. Oldham got lucky, but I guess that completely sums up our first return to season one!

Since the start of 2016 we've only picked up 22 out of 57 points. That's 1 more point than Col u in the same time.

Never went tonight,but we will go down next season unless sweeping changes are made.

Match report: Southend United 0, Oldham Athletic 1

SOUTHEND United’s loss of form continued with a 1-0 defeat to struggling Oldham Athletic at Roots Hall*this evening.

More...

It's pretty obvious that there will be changes at the end of the season. I don't know what they will be, either managerial or on the playing side. We have lacked consistency this season but we are in a safe position in FL1 and the team has had some notable victories against some of the top teams, so talk of relegation next year is a bit premature. Back to the match report, I didn't go so I can't comment too much. The commentary suggested that we didn't play badly, but we didn't take the chances that came our way. We certainly appear to be stuffed on forward options at the moment. I certainly don't think that Loza is the answer.

To be fair, a tad of a harsh result tonight. a draw at least, would have been a fair result..

What worries me more, is the lack of the defensive duties, when Phil believes in a "Clean Sheet" menatality.... Easy to say in hindsight, I thought Barnett was already on the sun beds today in Spain etc.., h/e seemed not at all interested, missed way too many opportunties, and seems a shadow of his former self, considering when he first joined us. Although it's never just one man to blame.

Loanees not bothered as wont be here next season.
Some players stagnating after a few years here- Hurst, Atkinson, White, Coker.
No improvement in set pieces in the 3 years Brown has been here- either attacking or defending.
Brown struggles to get his strikers banging goals in.
Two outstanding players this year- Bentley and Payne- both youth products.

I am not advocating sacking Brown, he has secured us a mid table finish which most of us wouldve taken at the start of the season, but there are some big problems he has struggled to address, some bizarre tactics and team selection. Needs to trim the squad, and focus on quality rather than quantity- what was the point in signing the Pole, Kamara, Moussa?

Barrett, Worrall and Deegan are the only ones to come out of this game with any praise.

Deegan not only sat in front of the back four and controlled play, but he was our main play maker. A lot of short passing and inter play as well as some long range passing to the wings. Barrett was his usual 100% and Worrall was everywhere, trying hard to create things. Brown them moved him to RB after taking Thommo off and moving White to CB.

Oh, Loza. I'll pay for your taxi back to Norwich.

Barrett, Worrall and Deegan are the only ones to come out of this game with any praise.

Deegan not only sat in front of the back four and controlled play, but he was our main play maker. A lot of short passing and inter play as well as some long range passing to the wings. Barrett was his usual 100% and Worrall was everywhere, trying hard to create things. Brown them moved him to LB after taking Thommo off and moving White to CB.

Oh, Loza. I'll pay for your taxi back to Norwich.

Is he on loan? I'll share the taxi cost by the way.

As I have saying for weeks, we will go down next season unless major changes are made. Last 3 months have been painful.

Barnett is not the answer and it's obvious why Shrewsbury wanted rid. Can be very good, but only once every 10 games. Loza is rubbish and always has been, no idea why he was brought back. Kamara, pointless signing, McQueen, shows promise, but not what we needed in January. Barrett and Thomson do not work, Thomson hugely to blame for the goal today.

Payne is not the messiah, and was poor today, but will be off in the summer, Bentley will also be off as well.

The future is not looking rosey.

Back