• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As someone who has seen Huddersfield play more often than Southend over the last couple of seasons (girlfriend's family are season ticket holders) their new manager is keen to play young hungry players especially attack minded players and already have similar style players (Harry Bunn and Joe Lolley) who they like to play off of Nahki Wells so maybe Town could be a good fit for Jack Payne.

Although I could see Payne making an obscure move to Sparta Rotterdam!

As someone who has seen Huddersfield play more often than Southend over the last couple of seasons (girlfriend's family are season ticket holders) their new manager is keen to play young hungry players especially attack minded players and already have similar style players (Harry Bunn and Joe Lolley) who they like to play off of Nahki Wells so maybe Town could be a good fit for Jack Payne.

Although I could see Payne making an obscure move to Sparta Rotterdam!

Who knows what his agent has decided for him..

Probably to play for a manager who believes in him.

This is boring now , because PB handled Payne , the youngster differently to the experts on the terraces, this doesn't mean that PB doesn't "believe" in Jack !!

This is boring now , because PB handled Payne , the youngster differently to the experts on the terraces, this doesn't mean that PB doesn't "believe" in Jack !!

OK then.

To play for a manager who might give him his first ever double figure consecutive league starts without dropping him.....or to play for a manager who will not make him the last outfield player that he uses from the beginning of the season.

Ever thought he may not deserve the right to a continued run? There's no guarantee he'd be a regular starter at his next club either. I think too many people are viewing the lad with rose-tinteds, he ain't that good.

OK then.

To play for a manager who might give him his first ever double figure consecutive league starts without dropping him.....or to play for a manager who will not make him the last outfield player that he uses from the beginning of the season.

Payne had a great second half of the season. He went missing and was inaffective in a lot of games in the first half of the season, therefore not justifying a consecutive run in the team. If he carries on his second half of the season form for another club then he'll start a lot of games next season, just as he would have done for us if he stays.

For all his faults, Brown's handling of the youngsters development certainly isn't one of them.

Brown offered Jack paine a contract to stay .Either he or his Agent turned there nose up at it I would suggest the later .As ive said before Agents are the people that are killing young players by turning there heads making them believe they are better than they are Good luck Jack where ever you go I hope your agent has your best your devlopement As southend did .

OK then.

or for a manager who will play him more than 34 times in a season ? Jeez

OK then.

I've heard this a few times and don't really understand what it means. Payne played in our second league game. That stat makes it sound like he didn't get a sniff until Christmas.

Brown turned to Payne at Wembley when we were losing. He wouldn't have done that had he not rated him. He built a side around him most of this season even after it was causing us to get spanked a few times. He wouldn't have done that had he not rated him. Did he play him 50 times? No. But pretending that he hasn't played as much as he would have done for a manager who rated him is revisionist ********.

I've heard this a few times and don't really understand what it means. Payne played in our second league game. That stat makes it sound like he didn't get a sniff until Christmas.

Brown turned to Payne at Wembley when we were losing. He wouldn't have done that had he not rated him. He built a side around him most of this season even after it was causing us to get spanked a few times. He wouldn't have done that had he not rated him. Did he play him 50 times? No. But pretending that he hasn't played as much as he would have done for a manager who rated him is revisionist ********.

Jack's stats this season.

Maximum games available 51...Jack featured in 35
Maximum minutes available 4590...Jack played 2572
90 minutes games Jack had just 19

His 35 appearances had maximum playing time of 3155 minutes..Jack played 2572.

No wonder he is off.

I've heard this a few times and don't really understand what it means. Hardly my fault. Payne played in our second league game. Payne came on as an early substitute because of injury in our third competitive game. By then, every other senior outfield member of the squad had kicked a ball competitively before Payne.That stat makes it sound like he didn't get a sniff until Christmas. No it doesn't.

Brown turned to Payne at Wembley when we were losing.. Payne should have started,He wouldn't have done that had he not rated him. Payne would have started if Brown had rated him. He built a side around him most of this season No he didn't even after it was causing us to get spanked a few times. So it was Payne's fault that the team were spanked? He wouldn't have done that had he not rated him. He didn't. Did he play him 50 times? No. But pretending that he hasn't played as much as he would have done for a manager who rated him is revisionist ********. No it isn't. Did you go to York or Wimbledon last season to name but two? It has been clear to Ricky Duncan for years that Payne will be a star.

Please see answers to each specific point in red above.

Quite clearly, if Brown had rated Payne he would have offered him an extended contract last summer. He didn't because he didn't. Pretending otherwise is, as you say, revisionist ******** and has cost Ron a load of money and supporters the probable opportunity to continue watching a magnificent prospect in SUFC Blue.

Sometimes its hard to stay silent when you read some of the nonsense spouted on here. It was only a few weeks ago I kept reading Brown was off to Bolton and would be taking Payne (and Bentley) with him or that Payne was delaying signing his new contract with Southend because of the uncertainty about Brown staying. Now all that's been kicked into touch, I now read that Payne is leaving because of Brown allegedly not rating him. I would say you couldn't make it up but I think some of you do

Sometimes its hard to stay silent when you read some of the nonsense spouted on here. It was only a few weeks ago I kept reading Brown was off to Bolton and would be taking Payne (and Bentley) with him or that Payne was delaying signing his new contract with Southend because of the uncertainty about Brown staying. Now all that's been kicked into touch, I now read that Payne is leaving because of Brown allegedly not rating him. I would say you couldn't make it up but I think some of you do

Well said Silent (apart from Thursdays) Shrimper.

Please see answers to each specific point in red above.

Quite clearly, if Brown had rated Payne he would have offered him an extended contract last summer. He didn't because he didn't. Pretending otherwise is, as you say, revisionist ******** and has cost Ron a load of money and supporters the probable opportunity to continue watching a magnificent prospect in SUFC Blue.

Lol.

Ok mate. Jack Payne came on 123 minutes into the league season. Neither Timlin nor Prosser had played in the League by then incidentally.

The lengths some of the jabronies on here will go to to have a dig at Phil Brown would be impressive if they weren't so utterly tiresome and pathetic.

My hero.

Good first post.

I just read this thinking "Wtf I totally didn't write this".

in fairness on most threads there are two opposing views. Your post makes it sound as though it's the same people posting. I can't be arsed to check but I bet it different people in which case your point doesn't really make sense despite all the "likes". If it is the same people then I apologise, but I bet it's not

in fairness on most threads there are two opposing views. Your post makes it sound as though it's the same people posting. I can't be arsed to check but I bet it different people in which case your point doesn't really make sense despite all the "likes". If it is the same people then I apologise, but I bet it's not

Interesting. Double figure likes doesn't make Silent Shrimper right, but it does mean that quite a few posters agree with the sentiment in his post. I'm not sure how you think that the post implies it's the same people posting but it's all about opinions I guess.

Back