• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Won't be surprised to see Worrall go this summer. Bury made a cheeky offer in January, including extra money if they were promoted.

Not the end of the world for me. The main thing for a wide player is to have some end result going forward. Unfortunately we have not seen enough decent crosses from Mr Worrall. Some have been impressed with his link-up play with Coker but I think they only encourage each other not to cross the ball.

Phil Brown said that from football league stats on average 1 goal is scored from every 10 crosses. I couldn't get to the Bradford game but the commentators on the radio raised the point about Coker losing much of his previous attacking flair by constantly cutting back as well as some concern for the loss of accuracy. At least this can be addressed by Cokes and Brown

Won't be surprised to see Worrall go this summer. Bury made a cheeky offer in January, including extra money if they were promoted.

Not the end of the world for me. The main thing for a wide player is to have some end result going forward. Unfortunately we have not seen enough decent crosses from Mr Worrall. Some have been impressed with his link-up play with Coker but I think they only encourage each other not to cross the ball.

I agree that he is liable to go this summer, but I think it will be a big loss. He did lose his way a bit this season earlier on, but when he got back on his game I really rated him, and still do. His crosses were always dangerous from the right hand side of the pitch, and that is where he is at his best in my view.

I agree that he is liable to go this summer, but I think it will be a big loss. He did lose his way a bit this season earlier on, but when he got back on his game I really rated him, and still do. His crosses were always dangerous from the right hand side of the pitch, and that is where he is at his best in my view.
. Yep agree, when he went on the left he was not good, but down the right he looked our best crosser.

I know several Shrimpers who live in Burnham! You must of heard of Captain Stella who drinks down the Vic? There is a signed Freddy when we beat Man U up in that pub.

You'll have to let me know their names mate, as I only moved here in February, and so far I have seen one Southend shirt, and haven't been introduced to any others in the plethora of pubs we have here!

According to a Bury supporting supplier of ours their financial issues have re-surfaced, in the sense the owners are no longer pumping money in after their poor season (poor by expectations at any rate) and no improvement in crowds etc. So I doubt they'll be tempting any new players their way with big contract offers for next season..

You cant beat the Vic in Burnham. my old man ,rip,used to be the guvnor there back in the 80/90s

Can you still get a Ferry from Burnham to Wallasea? I'm thinking of home games

You can indeed, but you'll then need to sort out transport from Wallasea, as it is only a foot/cycle ferry, and only operates during the summer months.

Are you from the area mate?
Not these days, lived in Rayleigh for schooldays, moved to Burnham and into the Vic about 83 ,worked there for the old man for a short while then job took me to West London . These days reside in West Surrey near Guildford. Still pop down the hall once or twice a season and try to catch a few away days too.

On the coach with the other players on the way to Bury judging by Hunty's tweet today.:stunned:

On the coach with the other players on the way to Bury judging by Hunty's tweet today.:stunned:

I saw him, Hurst, Coker and Atkinson all squeezing in to Leonard's BMW at the BP garage on west road this morning. All in Southend gear. Probably on the way to the ground to get the coach.

Back