• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was just about to launch in with "that's our Southend, can only afford one fish, when I realised the plural of fish is in fact "fish" it could have been so funny:sad:

Er, fishes.

Fishes is used to refer to multiple species of fish. For example, if you say you saw four fish when scuba diving, that means you saw four individual fish, but if you say you saw four fishes, we might infer that you saw an undetermined number of fish of four different species.

So we're both right!

With a weekend and a Bank Holiday to contend with too - though I do take the point they should have ensured they were in considering that!

They have several months to file them. Lots of weekends and bank holidays along the way too. So they should be in on time!

Er, fishes.

Fishes is used to refer to multiple species of fish. For example, if you say you saw four fish when scuba diving, that means you saw four individual fish, but if you say you saw four fishes, we might infer that you saw an undetermined number of fish of four different species.

So we're both right![/QUOTE]:smile:

When it comes to finances, the board and news, I'd love to know what effect this season has had [money wise]... There's been an increase in attendance, parachute payments [surely?] and televised games [where the real money is]... I would love to know what that equates to in pound notes...

Rather than Ron making statement after statement about his pipe dream, I'd much prefer him to make a statement about what his ideas to make the club sustainable, like a George Osborne budget announcement. Haha.

When it comes to finances, the board and news, I'd love to know what effect this season has had [money wise]... There's been an increase in attendance, parachute payments [surely?] and televised games [where the real money is]... I would love to know what that equates to in pound notes...

Rather than Ron making statement after statement about his pipe dream, I'd much prefer him to make a statement about what his ideas to make the club sustainable, like a George Osborne budget announcement. Haha.

Sadly our televised games were all League matches and the extra money for those is not a great deal. The real TV money is from live Cup games.
Parachute payments? Why would we get those and from who?
Gate income must have increased a bit, but we were giving away a large number of tickets towards the end of the season.

Parachute payments are for relegation from the Prem to the Championship.

Maybe parachute payments was the wrong term. It was a long time ago that I read about it. But it a fixed payment made to each club. Championship clubs receive x amount. League One clubs x amount, and so on... At the beginning of the season it had increased.

It may have been due to television rights?

Maybe parachute payments was the wrong term. It was a long time ago that I read about it. But it a fixed payment made to each club. Championship clubs receive x amount. League One clubs x amount, and so on... At the beginning of the season it had increased.

It may have been due to television rights?

Yep TV money I think it was about £300k for League 1 clubs?
In contrast Bournemouth are going to get over £70 million this season and of course probably even more next year and for many years to come even if/when they get relegated.

But you didn't say "end of", so it can't be true.

Can I please remind all posters of the correct methodology when quoting an event or thing that is known to have happened or that is verifiable from observation ........... and that is as per the example below.

The world is flat. FACT. End of. You bell end.

This is the only correct way to proceed.

Back