• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I guess it's a bit like going to a company, getting qualifications and training and then clearing off to another company with skills and qualifications you have picked up
Which happens all the time so I can't see that Payne has done anything wrong. Disappointed that I won't ever get to see him play for us though.

It will be very interesting to see what kind of deal we get for both at tribunal.

Player loyalty ? There's no loyalty in football, from players, managers or chairmen...

I think Payne has secured himself an indifferent reception, should he ever return with another club, up there on a par with 'Dream move' bailey. There will be some who no doubt will aplaud his short service, but an auful lot who wont.

I think Payne has secured himself an indifferent reception, should he ever return with another club, up there on a par with 'Dream move' bailey. There will be some who no doubt will aplaud his short service, but an auful lot who wont.

That would be extremely short sighted and sad if so. Jack has come through our Youth Academy, he is "our" product, we should be proud of his achievements - even if we are disappointed he would appear to be looking to move on. I felt (feel) quite motherly towards him and Dan, it's exactly like a parent wanting the best for their child as they look to leave home for the first time....at the end of the day, they have to make their own choices in exactly the same way.

The club have to take some of the flack, for not getting him signed up to a longer contract. They must have been aware how good he was gong to be, working with him day in day out, another year from Jack, he might then be the finished player. Good luck young man, i think your going to need it.

The club have to take some of the flack, for not getting him signed up to a longer contract. They must have been aware how good he was gong to be, working with him day in day out, another year from Jack, he might then be the finished player. Good luck young man, i think your going to need it.

I won't accept that. Look at young Lyle Della Verde. Looked absolutely amazing for us in the reserves, Fulham poached him at a young age and now he's at Fleetwood. It's really hard to tell how a young player is going to turn out. I think they've been speaking to Dan and his agent all season, but Jack didn't really begin to shine till a fair bit into the season, they've certainly been in discussions for a while.

Which happens all the time so I can't see that Payne has done anything wrong. Disappointed that I won't ever get to see him play for us though.

A lot of companies do have a clause in their contracts to say if you leave within a set period after getting qualifications, you have to pay a certain amount back to the company

Just out of interest does anyone know why he wants to leave, like he wants more dosh or to play in a higher league or is it something else i.e. more to do with agent-influence ?

Just out of interest does anyone know why he wants to leave, like he wants more dosh or to play in a higher league or is it something else i.e. more to do with agent-influence ?

Most likely to be down to his agent- after all if Jack's earning more the agent earns more too

Whatever we think, Jack's done nothing wrong. He's behaved perfectly well, having just scooped all 3 awards at the Trust's End of Season awards this evening, saying some very nice words about what the Trust's support of the Youth team has meant to him personally.

Every young footballer wants to improve themselves, Jack's seen his contract out, given his all whenever he's played and is entitled to move on if that is what he (and his agent) feel is best. Doesn't really matter what we think, although I am also in the camp of feeling it's a season too soon.

I don't blame him at all.

Nope he hasn't done anything wrong. Personally I won't follow his career and support him in the way I would somebody who contributed something meaningful to the club. (5 or 6 good performances in the 2nd half of the season isn't enough for me).

If you want player loyalty we will have to all cancel our sky sports. Or a change in the laws to protect the bigger clubs taking out of contract players. Even if the miracle happens and we are playing at FF and lets say we are doing very well in the Championship and have a chance of promotion. Then we will lose any young talent to the PL.

That's the way it is now and unless we the fans change it, that's the way it will always be. Lots of people are talking about this £8 billion sky TV deal. Who do think is actually going to pay for that?

Back