• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Video Editing software

Fred

First XI⭐
Now the footballs nearly over and I'm looking for something to cure the boredom, Mrs Fred suggested that I produce an edited version of our 2012, yes that long ago, Florida holiday videos. She bought me some software 2 years ago (Magix Movie Edit Pro 2014 Premium) to edit them with but I just haven't got round to it.

I have some experience of using this software but just wanted to know how I could copy online videos and use them to make it look a bit more professional. I'm thinking along the lines of incorporating a video of an external/internal view of aeroplane taking off/descent for example. I have found an example on YouTube but don't know if I can use it and if so how I can copy the video and put it in the right format. As you can tell I don't know much about formats but my original recordings were on AVCHD (Panasonic SD90) and I believe once rendered will create an Mpeg4 result.

I'd be glad for anyone's advice.

You'll probably want to use Royalty Free video clips if you plan on sharing it at any point on social media platforms just to be safe. Check out https://www.videoblocks.com/ it seems you can download 7 clips for free during the 7 day free trial they offer and they have footage of jets taking off (just type 'take off' in the search box, second result looks good).

Thanks MP. After a bit of colour correction, I decided to use one of my existing clips, which I took originally of a Virgin 747 from the departure lounge. I followed up your videolocks suggestion which looks good but decided to use clipconverter.cc, where I entered a url of a video clip I wanted, selected a desired format and it downloaded to my hard drive. It was then possible for me to import and edit the clip successfully. I do not intend to upload the final film. Thanks once again for your advice.

Back