• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Dome has been rusting for numerous years in a field and will remain so for numerous more I should imagine.

Dome has until October/ November to be erected or will be declared unfit to use I understand.

As things stand we currently do have a fairly small squad, looking dependent on the youngsters. With a present squad signed sitting at 21, this includes 6 youngsters and Nile Ranger. In other words we have 15 if you include Ranger. So our yoof will have to do rather well, those signed up include 2 Williams, Matsuzaka, Bridge, and Cotton
Hopefully the Hibs keeper will join today or tomorrow, but we remain remarkably light , and could be said a yet to strengthen overall over last years outfit. Meanwhile with 35 signings made in league 1, since the 1st of July, those few clubs below us in the new signings table have been busy, even broken Bolton signing 3, and Olham , to send us back to the bottom of that particular table ! Does it matter?
It does according to phil who has just made a big thing of getting players in early and even more noise about Moussa missing a week of training and how vital it was. Now things are getting late, very late in the context our Manager refers too so earnestly.
Wakering gave us a few new trialists to look at but nothing very exceptional, I hope we don't panic sign but 2 quality centre backs and a couple of strikers, have already missed a key chunk of early season training

I've heard there were no instructions on how to assemble it.

Lets face it, as a man, them instructions go straight in the bin. Because we know how to put things together properly! The instructions are wrong! Man fix, man knows best...

My wardrobe still doesn't shut properly...

I was lead to believe the center back we gave a run out to at Wakering was pretty good can use either feet mainly left footed .May have had bad press up in Scotland but Gunning seems to be a player we should keep an eye on in the coming weeks .

This from Wiki; "On 28 July 2014, Hibernian signed Oxley on a six-month loan, with a view to extending to the end of the season. Oxley scored with a clearance on his league debut for Hibs in a 2–1 win against Livingston on 9 August 2014, to become the first goalkeeper to score for Hibs since Andy Goram netted against Greenock Morton in 1988."

Can anyone give a report on william edjenguele performance on Saturday. I rate him quite highly and think he would be a good fit with the club. Previously at Coventry, most recently playing in the Greek Super league, their Prem.

As things stand we currently do have a fairly small squad, looking dependent on the youngsters. With a present squad signed sitting at 21, this includes 6 youngsters and Nile Ranger. In other words we have 15 if you include Ranger. So our yoof will have to do rather well, those signed up include 2 Williams, Matsuzaka, Bridge, and Cotton
Hopefully the Hibs keeper will join today or tomorrow, but we remain remarkably light , and could be said a yet to strengthen overall over last years outfit. Meanwhile with 35 signings made in league 1, since the 1st of July, those few clubs below us in the new signings table have been busy, even broken Bolton signing 3, and Olham , to send us back to the bottom of that particular table ! Does it matter?
It does according to phil who has just made a big thing of getting players in early and even more noise about Moussa missing a week of training and how vital it was. Now things are getting late, very late in the context our Manager refers too so earnestly.
Wakering gave us a few new trialists to look at but nothing very exceptional, I hope we don't panic sign but 2 quality centre backs and a couple of strikers, have already missed a key chunk of early season training

Good post.

Sorry to keep banging the "alternative view" message but there are still some weeks to go and there should still be players made available from clubs in the league above. Yes, I would have liked up to have signed up at least 2 more players by now - another centre back and another striker (presuming that Oxley has joined) - but I haven't hit the "oh dear, let's panic" button yet ..........

........... who knows Browny might have a couple of things up his sleeves - stranger things have happened! :omg:

Shame we missed out on Moussa though - although on another thread it has been suggested that money/wages were a factor - so there it is.

Hash tag: Keepourcoolandkeepscoutingforplayers

Good post.

Sorry to keep banging the "alternative view" message but there are still some weeks to go and there should still be players made available from clubs in the league above. Yes, I would have liked up to have signed up at least 2 more players by now - another centre back and another striker (presuming that Oxley has joined) - but I haven't hit the "oh dear, let's panic" button yet ..........

........... who knows Browny might have a couple of things up his sleeves - stranger things have happened! :omg:

Shame we missed out on Moussa though - although on another thread it has been suggested that money/wages were a factor - so there it is.

Hash tag: Keepourcoolandkeepscoutingforplayers

I think after Noel PB has a reluctance to spend a big chunk of the budget on someone with some injury concerns- Moussa whilst I would love him back you would have to plan on getting 30 games from him (for example he plays a Sat then misses a Tues). Top wages you would want 45 games.

No expert, just passing on something I've heard from someone within the club.

If this were true, it wouldn't matter whether it was erected or on the ground in pieces - knackered/damaged/poorly protected steel is and always will be that.

I suspect what this contact may or may not have heard actually relates to the time they have left to erect the structure in planning terms, without needing to formalise a new application.

This goalkeeper Oxley is a real concern. My mate a season ticket holder at Roots Hall, does a lot of business in Edinburgh. Therefore knows a few Hibs fans. They are staggered that a league 1 side is signing the lad. To be fair I don't know him so I cant judge, but we are basically signing a new no 1 keeper who was at the end of last season third choice in the Scottish champs side. Does this indicate where we are at in the transfer market at the moment if this is the best we can do?

Demetriou I think we got lucky with as the lad wanted to move back nearer London, Mcglashan, Gills didn't want him and their fans were hardly distraught at losing him either. Other than that we have missed out on quite a few it appears.

Back