• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If this were true, it wouldn't matter whether it was erected or on the ground in pieces - knackered/damaged/poorly protected steel is and always will be that.

I suspect what this contact may or may not have heard actually relates to the time they have left to erect the structure in planning terms, without needing to formalise a new application.

To be fair the steel has a protective grey paint on it, so is still in good condition and ready to erect. It has the odd bit of rust on some end bits that would make no difference.

I guess only a few will know the undisclosed fee, now that Isaac has signed for Newcastle for 5 years. Hopefully canny Uncle Ron had the sell on clause closer to 15% than 5%?
Can we have our money now please?

With the Haydon dosh, Bentley and Payne money to come, , not paying decent money out to Hunt, Bolger, Hurst, Payne, Worrall Deegan, Weston, Barnett and some funds not going to Loza, Mc Queen, Kamara,Hendrie, Malarczyk, and Prosser, either the Dome will be erected with a golden top shortly or we will astonish by buying a player with real quality and decent prospects

Could we get the Dome sponsored as well by Tata Motors and call it the Tata Golden Temple Dome of Fossets,we could all make pilgrimages there and buy strands of Rons locks and stare at wall to wall posters of one of the early saints like Harry Threadgold ( yes I saw him play )

This goalkeeper Oxley is a real concern. My mate a season ticket holder at Roots Hall, does a lot of business in Edinburgh. Therefore knows a few Hibs fans. They are staggered that a league 1 side is signing the lad. To be fair I don't know him so I cant judge, but we are basically signing a new no 1 keeper who was at the end of last season third choice in the Scottish champs side. Does this indicate where we are at in the transfer market at the moment if this is the best we can do?

Demetriou I think we got lucky with as the lad wanted to move back nearer London, Mcglashan, Gills didn't want him and their fans were hardly distraught at losing him either. Other than that we have missed out on quite a few it appears.

Have previously mentioned on Twitter that I have a couple of Hibs contacts who thought Oxley was absolute guff - promising!

Seen a lot of things which suggest the same about Oxley but we've signed many players in the past who have done well here and **** somewhere ese.

Worst case scenario he plays number 2 to Ted, which isn't that bad in all honesty.

Brown knows him and thinks he has plenty of ability. Paid a fee for him previously and good keeper at 21 does not become a bad keeper at 24. But confidence is a big factor. We have a very good coaching set up for keepers and I am pleased we have gone for someone young who also has plant of potential- would have been easy to go for someone in their mid late thirties who has been around the block.

Have previously mentioned on Twitter that I have a couple of Hibs contacts who thought Oxley was absolute guff - promising!

following on from that I've just seen this retweet, does make u wonder what PB sees In these players. If this is the best we can get then we are in big trouble

https://twitter.com/gebraddcampsiex/status/752541964625645568

And that, gentlemen, is why we have a manager. He looks at players and decides whether he rates them or not. I doubt Twitter comes into his decision making. Twitter has a place in society but it is not the only definitive view on life. We will just have to wait and see.

And that, gentlemen, is why we have a manager. He looks at players and decides whether he rates them or not. I doubt Twitter comes into his decision making. Twitter has a place in society but it is not the only definitive view on life. We will just have to wait and see.

But this guy is not alone. I'm yet to read anything from a Hibs fan who rates this lad. This guy finished third choice in the Scottish championship! Is this seriously the best we can get??? As for PB, not exactly setting the transfer window alight with quality signings is he? I admit there is still time, but he stated at the end of the season that he wanted all the pieces of the jigsaw in place early doors and by the start of pre season training. He has signed one decent player, and one not deemed good enough by Gillingham. I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong, but st the moment it looks like bring a very long and hard season.

But this guy is not alone. I'm yet to read anything from a Hibs fan who rates this lad. This guy finished third choice in the Scottish championship! Is this seriously the best we can get??? As for PB, not exactly setting the transfer window alight with quality signings is he? I admit there is still time, but he stated at the end of the season that he wanted all the pieces of the jigsaw in place early doors and by the start of pre season training. He has signed one decent player, and one not deemed good enough by Gillingham. I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong, but st the moment it looks like bring a very long and hard season.

Oxley picked up a suspension, and missed a few games. He certainly wasn't third choice.

He was first choice until the suspension.

Im not sure where everyone is getting this agenda of 'Hibs fans hate him'. I've just been on the Hibs fans forum and there is generally quite a few people who rate him. According to them he was one of the main reasons they won the scottish cup once.

Can I just say, in a pleasant and relaxed voice, that all this "I've seen it on ****ter" is complete, 100% bollox.

Come on. For goodness sake and other exasperated phrases. There are more arseholles on ****ter than there are rain drops in the ocean.

Hash tag: ****terisfornutballsandloonies

It appears that Hibs fans are very split on what they think of him, I guess, like as fans we all do of certain players. If he dies sign then he will get my fall support as any player does. And I also agree that Twitter isn't always the best judge, however, I have heard from two Hibs season ticket holders what they think of him not Twitter. But as I say not all fans agree and certainly we don't always view players in the same way. Time will tell in the end

I apologise but I thought I would introduce the facts.. I know this is strictly not allowed.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mark-oxley/leistungsdaten/spieler/67232/plus/1?saison=2015

You will see that actually he was first choice through until April 26th missing just one game when he got a suspension based on yellow cards.

After that there was one game when he was not in the squad. He was on the bench as the number 2 in May.
He was always picked ahead of the original number 2 Vitanen (a Finland U21 international). Logan joined from premier league Leicester City (having joined Leicester from Rochdale in L1 where he was a regular in the 13/14 season)- far from being a muppet. Initially Logan was behind Oxley as well until he replaced Oxley for the final 6 games (although he stepped in when Oxley was suspended).

Oxley played in 46 games keeping 17 clean sheets.

At no point was he ever 3rd choice and he spent the vast amount of the season 1st choice ahead of two fairly reasonable keepers.

Maybe some Hibs supporters are rubbishing him because they are as miserable and unsupportive as some of our supporters. Of course his manager was Alan Stubbs who PB knows very well- I am sure they had discussions and suspect PB was more interested in his view than those on Twitter (whether good or bad).

All be it our goal keeper coaches are part time .They did a good job bringing on Bentley .And now young Ted Smith so maybe they can do the same for Oxley and turn a good keeper into an even better one .

Yep give you that , they are decent stats. why many Hibs fans are slating him then is confusing or misleading, maybe as you say they are disgruntled at him leaving their club. If or when he joins he deserves our support. If it doesn't work out then Ted Smith will have to step up.

All be it our goal keeper coaches are part time .They did a good job bringing on Bentley .And now young Ted Smith so maybe they can do the same for Oxley and turn a good keeper into an even better one .
Haven't seen any more mention of it but CP said on Saturday that Lee Harrison was at GWR with the Blues coaching staff.

Back