• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
I have been told that Danny Cowley has handed in his notice at Fitz. Either he is moving schools or there are plans afoot for him to move into full time football management. If this is the case, could he be coming our way? Won't be Col Ewe as they have appointed McGreal.

Lincoln officially approached him.

Forest Green, Tranmere and Notts County said to be interested.

I have been told that Danny Cowley has handed in his notice at Fitz. Either he is moving schools or there are plans afoot for him to move into full time football management. If this is the case, could he be coming our way? Won't be Col Ewe as they have appointed McGreal.

Lincoln have expressed an interest in taking him on.

Lincoln City according to BBC Essex.
Heard on Friday that he was going Dagenham, but I think the guys at Chelmsford City were just joining the dots, he applied for the City job but when they asked him back he said he didn't want it anymore.

Missed opportunity for us to be honest - absolutely gutted he may go to another full time outfit.

I don't see how Cowley is any better than Brown, he's never managed a professional club, has few contacts in the upper leagues and would be a massive gamble, there's a big step up from the conference to League 1. If we did replace Brown (which I doubt) I'd be hoping for someone like Powell rather than an unproven manager. Brown's not as good as he thinks he is but I've got enough confidence in him to avoid relegation, I'm not sure I'd feel the same about someone wading into uncharted territory.

Should give it another season where he is to see how things turn out .

Is this post on the right site?
Not sure what the interest is in a part time side who have done well admittedly.
Perhaps you are presuming Cowley as a replacement for Brown, but why if we did lose Brown, would we revert to an unproven manager 2 levels below?
Looks like a long summer break:'(

Has his brother resigned as well I wonder? I thought they came as a management pair.

Cannot begin to understand why Cowley seems to be considering Lincoln....Like nearly all the other Mational League clubs they are full-time of course but they finished well down the table and look what happened to Steve Tileon when he went there !

Back