• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There is a lot of interest in Lenny, the club have told him a reasonable offer will be accepted & they will let him go..

Ron is still regretting not taking the 1.2million for Bentley including add ons & now Rangers are interested we stand to get nothing........Rons been bitten on the *** with that one & is looking to get money in....

From what ive been told, I will be very surprised if Lenny lines up for us at the start of the season..

So, Lenny's direct response to my question to him on Twitter the other week, when Deegan went, about being an under contract player on the move of "of course not!" would appear to be at odds with what you're saying.

Last edited:
My source obviously not the same as shrimpercj - Leonard looking to stay and will start talking about an extended deal after the summer and Bentley won't be off to Rangers.

Lenny has, for me, been a 'sellable' asset for some time ..... that doesn't mean I want him to go but more that he (Lenny) is a key part of the team and could go on to achieve more than mid-table Division 3. Lenny leaving would be a great (some might say massive) loss for the club.

On the other hand a midfield based around Tims, Lenny and The Moose (if fit/signing) would be quite exciting. :thumbsup:

In fact, a midfield with Lenny, Moose, Wordsworth and Tims ..... and Bridges would be interesting.

If Payne and Bentley were to stay (unlikely I know) and Williams were to be on the pitch with Moose and Bridges then we would have half the team that had been developed at Southend .... that would be far too much to ask, wouldn't it?

Back