• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunderland avoid the drop:Newcastle down

The Toon out in force at Burton might be amusing.
I have to admit that I am envious as the Chump Division looks really good next season.

I bumped into Alan Pardew today. He was holding up a sign that said 'Taxi for 50,000 Geordies'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/11/sunderland-everton-premier-league-match-report

Congratulations to Sunderland on avoiding the drop.

Anything that sends Newcastle down has to be good news.

Though I feel a little sorry about Norwich's relegation

Why such hate for Newcastle? I've only been to St James Park once, back in 92/93 I think it was and they were the most friendly fans. We went into a Newcastle pub by accident in colours and we got such a lovely welcome

I've got some Geordie mates, and they're a great bunch but for some reason I do have a distain for the football club. No idea why.

I've got some Geordie mates, and they're a great bunch but for some reason I do have a distain for the football club. No idea why.

I don't hate Newcastle at all. I just find it funny when "big" members of the PL are relegated. I remember when the PL was mooted, Newcastle were included and we were excluded even though we were above them in the league at the time.

Why such hate for Newcastle? I've only been to St James Park once, back in 92/93 I think it was and they were the most friendly fans. We went into a Newcastle pub by accident in colours and we got such a lovely welcome

Yep most are top lads,i think Barners might be giving two fingers to their chairman.

So now that Newcastle are relegated, i'm guessing that is the final nail in the coffin for their proposed expansion plan in one of the corners. Well until at least they get back into the Premiership again & put some bums back on seats.

That being said though, despite their poor season, they do have a fantastic support base and still managed to average around 49,300 a game. Obviously there's no way their going to get anywhere even remotely close to that figure next season.
I think their gonna be in for a bit of a shock to the system when they have to travel to Burton with their average crowd of only 4k !! :unsure:

Yeah I saw our away game there too that season.You obviously weren't in the away end (where it ****ed down) on an open terrace in August and some of the toon army came in looking for trouble towards the end of the match.

Also remember a WPC refusing to let me out of the ground -when I needed to catch the last train back to Nottingham at 17.15- (despite me showing her the train ticket).Eventually got let out "at your own risk,sir" by a friendly copper.

Also saw Fulham there in the LC some years before in a mid-week game.

Horrible place.Not planning to go back in a hurry.

So now that Newcastle are relegated, i'm guessing that is the final nail in the coffin for their proposed expansion plan in one of the corners. Well until at least they get back into the Premiership again & put some bums back on seats.

That being said though, despite their poor season, they do have a fantastic support base and still managed to average around 49,300 a game. Obviously there's no way their going to get anywhere even remotely close to that figure next season.
I think their gonna be in for a bit of a shock to the system when they have to travel to Burton with their average crowd of only 4k !! :unsure:

They love them always... According to this http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2009-2010/1/ when they dropped before they were getting 43000 plus on avarage.... Not bad, such good supporters up there.

Back