• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown keen to hold more talks with Moussa

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown is keen to hold further talks with Franck Moussa about the Belgian’s future.

More...

“We don’t want to bring in bit part players. They’re a waste of time.” says PB

Like Wordsworth and Hunt you mean

To be fair, if they had both been fit they would of been in the team 90% of the time

It was tongue in cheek really, though Hunt is a crock and has been for a few years, not playing much in any of the last 4 seasons.

I'd love to see a fully fit Wordsworth play all next season, there is a very good player in there that could help our push into the Championship

It was tongue in cheek really, though Hunt is a crock and has been for a few years, not playing much in any of the last 4 seasons.

I'd love to see a fully fit Wordsworth play all next season, there is a very good player in there that could help our push into the Championship

Agree. Hunt did have previous. WordsWorth at times is different class.

Agree. Hunt did have previous. WordsWorth at times is different class.

A guy at work is a Col U season ticket holder ( I try to avoid him mostly ) and he said when they had him before he could make the difference in some games.
Tends to be very 'hot' or 'cold' , but then again most players in L1 and L2 are pretty much the same I guess.

I would definitely have him playing just behind the strikers - with Payne leaving , maybe he'll get more of a chance.
Don't think the two quite fitted into our side easily.

There's a huge amount of 'benefit of hindsight' that has gone on with Hunt. Yes he had a poor injury record - that's why were were able to sign him in the first place, and it was always going to be a gamble. Just because it didn't work out in the end, doesn't mean it wasn't necessarily the right thing to do in the first place.

However I do think that Brown and co probably need to be a little bit more cautious in putting all their eggs in one basket.

In L1 we're going to gamble (both on older players who've go a few knocks, and younger players who aren't proven) because we can't straight up compete with many of the teams around us who have bigger budgets and are more attractive.

From all reports, Moussa's knee is a big problem and could get worse if anything the more he plays. He has to miss games and training at the moment. Charlton knew it was a waste of time. Ben Clarkson can't do much with a bad knee. So it will be plenty of rest and man management if he stays.
Not the sort of player I would want in the squad, especially with all the crocks we have had the last few seasons.

I'll back Brown on this one. We've wasted enough time with too many crocks. If Moussa isn't going to be fit then don't bother.

It's a shame but this is the result of a lot of these players playing a lot of games when they are young taking their toll on the body.

Noel Hunt is in the same boat so I'm not sure the point in Brown saying we could yet revisit a deal with him if he's claiming here crocks are a waste of time.

From all reports, Moussa's knee is a big problem and could get worse if anything the more he plays. He has to miss games and training at the moment. Charlton knew it was a waste of time. Ben Clarkson can't do much with a bad knee. So it will be plenty of rest and man management if he stays.
Not the sort of player I would want in the squad, especially with all the crocks we have had the last few seasons.

And that's what I was saying a month or so back about his knee, The usual suspects who shield every player did not agree... I have a contact, I know I bang on, and people say why do you keep on about it, but this person works at a hotel, I won't say the name....

Growing Cartilage in labs is getting really big now, hope for the future, a lot of the time it can be a huge tear, cartilage never grows back, fluid, swelling bone to bone is common, of course there are many other knee problems, I have personal experience of operations making things worse.

Shame if the extent of the knee injury is true. Would be a hell of a gamble, can't see PB giving a player special treatment and doing what Spurs did with Ledley King

“We don’t want to bring in bit part players. They’re a waste of time.” says PB

Like Wordsworth and Hunt you mean

Classic Phil, practically everybody he has brought in was a bit player, including loanees ! Made me laugh that he came up with that one

Confident this will happen, Moussa, still young, put him on a one year with an extra year option for the club. As long as there are no major injury concerns. He knows he is at the crossroads of his career. Would think he'll "bust a gut" to get back on track, does well here, can still go " bigger and better" in a couple of years. Well respected and appreciated here, lot's of opportunity to play next season, perfect fit for him and us right now.

Confident this will happen, Moussa, still young, put him on a one year with an extra year option for the club. As long as there are no major injury concerns. He knows he is at the crossroads of his career. Would think he'll "bust a gut" to get back on track, does well here, can still go " bigger and better" in a couple of years. Well respected and appreciated here, lot's of opportunity to play next season, perfect fit for him and us right now.

yeah but all the highly qualified medical people on here have seen the scans ....

Moussa? Really? Surely we should be looking forwards, not backwards?
I'll have money that Phil ends up taking back a few of the others he's used this season that have done OK, but clearly need to be replaced if the club is to move forwards.

yeah but all the highly qualified medical people on here have seen the scans ....
My daughter is in her first year at med school. It's a really tough course over 5 years, she is going to be gutted when I tell her that a course in hotel management would have given her the same knowledge

Last edited:
Great news he left him a voicemail. There is nothing that screams I want you more that that. If he wants him, talk to him. If it's dependent on injuries, feel free to offer a deal based on that. If he's a crock, wish him all the best. All 3 events mean leaving a voicemail is not the right action, and to be fair a week before he could have had a chat after training

Back