• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cian Bolger

Agreed on Bolger. He got way too much stick from certain quarters when he was here.

However, I can't think of anybody else who has particularly bettered themselves since leaving here in recent times.

Do you mean under Brown or in general?

Gower and Eastwood to name but 2. Is that not recent enough though?

I was referring more to 'Maldon's' comment, which suggested it was a more recent thing.

Over time, yes of course players have progressed when leaving us. Freddy is a tough one, because he made a sideways move from us and his career faltered from there.

Spencer Prior is an obvious choice, but there's not many, like you say, even over time.

Agreed on Bolger. He got way too much stick from certain quarters when he was here.

However, I can't think of anybody else who has particularly bettered themselves since leaving here in recent times.

hmmmmm not sure that I would agree - Gary Hooper, Simon Francis, Alex Revell to name but three

How recent is recent, though?

Since Barry Silkman that's for sure. Then again having seen the latest post I think Simon Francis has solid claims to the prize now:winking:

Agree with all the names above, but none are from the last five years or so, which was more my point.

Except Payne and Bentley, who we had little control over.

Last edited:
We paid money for Cian Bolger,a commanding young defender always likely to improve.Brown managed to let him go,leaving us with the likes of Plodder and Barrett.��

Signed for Lincoln. Great signing for them, wasn't long ago he was being linked with Championship clubs but seems to have fallen out of favour under Barton.

Very good signing for Lincoln. Would have liked him to have stayed with us longer than he did.

Just goes to show how the career of a footballer can be up and down.one minute he was going to the championship next he going to league 2 all be it probably not for long

Very good signing for Lincoln. Adam Barrett rated him as the best CB at the club in 2015 and the best partner for him that allowed him to play so well in the run towards the play offs

Very good signing for Lincoln. Adam Barrett rated him as the best CB at the club in 2015 and the best partner for him that allowed him to play so well in the run towards the play offs

He obviously wasn't watching at Luton. Always prone to lapses in concentration, benefitted us when we played Fleetwood last when Cox robbed him and scored

Back