• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cian Bolger

I understand where you're coming from, but there's still the danger that the same "empty heads" will simply acquire a new target and we'll lose other players who could have contributed positively for years. A bit of reflection seldom hurts.

I had real hope that Bolger and Thommo would be able to form a superb partnership, possibly for a long time. Clearly that wasn't to be, but I still rate Cian and don't begrudge him his success.

The problem is, PB refused to play them together because he insisted on this left foot right foot combo rubbish!!!

When we were going through our bad patch (when it was clear AB was struggling) he never tried them both together, and can see why Bolger would have got frustrated.

I wonder if Brown regrets his little falling out with Bolger. Particularly now Thompson's left.

Course he doesn't, his ego is too big for regrets. If he spent less time falling out with players that have an opinion, he would be a better manager and person

Course he doesn't, his ego is too big for regrets. If he spent less time falling out with players that have an opinion, he would be a better manager and person

Phil Brown seems to have done very well as a manager for us. I'm sure most of us wish we were a 'better' person whatever that means but I suspect most successful managers have a 'nasty' edge to them - even Tilly must have upset some people over the years.

I'd be happy for PB to fall out with the odd player if we continue to improve our league position every season. :thumbsup:

He's certainly proved Brown wrong.

Bolger was left out after the Chesterfield match, where plenty of people on here blamed him for Lee Novak's last-minute winner and claimed he couldn't pass and was a liability (etc).

PB made a decision to rest him and the next thing he was at Bury. It moved that quickly.

At the time, there were some on here who believed he would be a loss. Myself included. He was a better player than given credit for.

My gut feeling is that something happened that gave PB no choice but to let him go. I'm sure, if things had been different, he would still be here.

Bolger was left out after the Chesterfield match, where plenty of people on here blamed him for Lee Novak's last-minute winner and claimed he couldn't pass and was a liability (etc).

PB made a decision to rest him and the next thing he was at Bury. It moved that quickly.

At the time, there were some on here who believed he would be a loss. Myself included. He was a better player than given credit for.

My gut feeling is that something happened that gave PB no choice but to let him go. I'm sure, if things had been different, he would still be here.

No comment

No comment

Z6U6CAZ.gif

Bolgerloveinn.com

Crickey, everyone's moaning about Bolger getting bad treatment but it's ok for most comments to slag off Brown. I have no love loss for either of them but pot kettle black springs to mind.

Now going to face his first club Leicester City in the next round .

Playing for Fleetwood tonight in FA Cup and already scored twice from dead balls - oh to have a centre half who could do that!

Oh to actually get the ball past the first man. And dont get me started on Lennys short throws:angry:

As well as captain yet another player does well when leaving

Agreed on Bolger. He got way too much stick from certain quarters when he was here.

However, I can't think of anybody else who has particularly bettered themselves since leaving here in recent times.

Agreed on Bolger. He got way too much stick from certain quarters when he was here.

However, I can't think of anybody else who has particularly bettered themselves since leaving here in recent times.

The last one to better themselves was Barry Silkman !!!!!!:winking: - who became a multi millionaire football agent after leaving us in the mid 80s . He took too much stick from certain quarters during his stay with us too. I'll always thank him for bringing Richard Cadette to us from the O's.

The last one to better themselves was Barry Silkman !!!!!!:winking: - who became a multi millionaire football agent after leaving us in the mid 80s . He took too much stick from certain quarters during his stay with us too. I'll always thank him for bringing Richard Cadette to us from the O's.

In fairness Barry deserved all the stick he got purely for his hair. It seems his success in life has coincided with him going bald.

Michael Kightly didn't do too badly for himself after being shown the door.......then he met PB:clap:

Back