• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

But it really is Kay.

This is one of many since 2010. In fact the last was only in October 2015. One of three in the 2015 calendar year actually.

Most are not even reported on now, as it has become almost the norm to have a couple of WUP's every season, courtesy of HMRC.

So Sheriff's statement is bang on, unfortunately. Not the sort of press we need to be seeing at this crucial stage of re-building the team for next season.

There have been numerous since then......

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2424578

So, the Beeb's report that it was "the 3rd time" since 2009, was wrong then? Haven't most of the more recent ones been dismissed before they've even got to court?

The thing is, as we all know, Ron doesn't like to pay money over until the last possible moment. The other thing is, again as we all know, that HMRC have us firmly in their target and are down on us like a ton of bricks if we are a nano second late with our payments. Both sides as stubborn as each other. Things won't change.

The other thing is, again as we all know, that HMRC have us firmly in their target and are down on us like a ton of bricks if we are a nano second late with our payments. Both sides as stubborn as each other. Things won't change.

I think I know who I'd put my money on to win that battle...

Shhhhhh, it doesn't suit his agenda.

Yes...my agenda to see the Club I cherish not be run into the ground owing to the necessity for one man to live out his white elephant development or face financial ruin.

We still have a chance to get out of this without the inevitable liquidation...

So, the Beeb's report that it was "the 3rd time" since 2009, was wrong then? Haven't most of the more recent ones been dismissed before they've even got to court?

The thing is, as we all know, Ron doesn't like to pay money over until the last possible moment. The other thing is, again as we all know, that HMRC have us firmly in their target and are down on us like a ton of bricks if we are a nano second late with our payments. Both sides as stubborn as each other. Things won't change.

it is the responsibility of the club and RM to pay the tax bill on time and rightly the HMRC will pursue any non payment up promptly, as we are serial defaulters. I suggest that we are certainly not one of the best creditors to owe money to and they will continue to register any debt through the courts at the earliest opportunity.

We all have to pay tax and the club does as well. Why delay it and show the club in a negative way.

I I am not aware of the amount involved in this matter, but it is worrying that there is no gate revenue until August to survive on, and whether or not season ticket revenue was used to fund this debt.

I assume this will be transferred to the finances section?
BTW can be merged with the thread already there? We knew about this didn't we- we were late, said it would be paid in full, HMRC's collections agency (the courts) still meet and its dismissed.
Move along, nothing to see here..

BTW can be merged with the thread already there? We knew about this didn't we- we were late, said it would be paid in full, HMRC's collections agency (the courts) still meet and its dismissed.

And why not, done!

With the news that Bradford City have been taken over by a German consortium, it makes this constant breadline existence even more tiresome.

When will this clown give up on his fruitless pipe dream, hand control over to somebody who actually has the cash and motivation to take us forward, and prevent our name being dragged through the mud every season.

Anyone in mind?

Thought not.

Let's be honest there's no one else that's going to take over the club and for all Ron's problems I'd have him over the type of owner Charlton or Blackpool have.

Except, yet again, the costs involved in pursuing the case.

Been saying for years the club is on borrowed time. The new stadium is as far away as it's ever been. The club can't go on much longer being run the way it is being run. Sooner or later the finances will collapse. AFC Southend could happen sooner thank we think. The only good thing about is there would be no Ron Martin running the club

Let's be honest there's no one else that's going to take over the club and for all Ron's problems I'd have him over the type of owner Charlton or Blackpool have.

I agree it is better with Ron than with some of the owners involved these days. However, if it all went pear shaped under Ron's leadership then some other person or a consortium would emerge as has happened in 99% of cars when other clubs have financial meltdowns.

Been saying for years the club is on borrowed time. The new stadium is as far away as it's ever been. The club can't go on much longer being run the way it is being run. Sooner or later the finances will collapse. AFC Southend could happen sooner thank we think. The only good thing about is there would be no Ron Martin running the club

I'm afraid to say, I think you're right. We're still heavily indebted to Sainsburys, and many others no doubt. Surely, we must be on borrowed time. Might aswell start forming AFC Southend now !

Comparing Ron to the owners of those two clubs is damning with the very faintest of faint praise.

Back