• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our finances must be really in good order for this to be happening so often #crapbusinessman

I saw Ron down Southend High Street this morning.No wonder he had a smile on his face He told me That Barnett won't be returning to the club and Phil is close to signing 3 players one is a forward

With the news that Bradford City have been taken over by a German consortium, it makes this constant breadline existence even more tiresome.

When will this clown give up on his fruitless pipe dream, hand control over to somebody who actually has the cash and motivation to take us forward, and prevent our name being dragged through the mud every season.

We just keep on winning these fixtures against HMRC. It's like back in the late 1990s when Plymouth were our absolute bunnies.

With the news that Bradford City have been taken over by a German consortium, it makes this constant breadline existence even more tiresome.

When will this clown give up on his fruitless pipe dream, hand control over to somebody who actually has the cash and motivation to take us forward, and prevent our name being dragged through the mud every season.

Laudable question Sherrif, but you already know the answer unfortunately.

I don't see the enlightened intelligentsia on here dipping their hands in the pocket to bail the club out, perhaps a whip round would work. I would guess it's pay the important stuff first, then worry about the HMRC.

The trouble is, Ron sees that for every day the bill goes unpaid, the few hundred thousand that we owe is earning interest in the bank account. He will always leave it up to the last possible minute. That is OK except one day, HMRC or the courts will see this ploy as some sort of breach and the club will suffer.

First time since 2010 is hardly "every season"!

I'm actually losing the will to give this club my hard earned cash. We have no future !

First time since 2010 is hardly "every season"!

But it really is Kay.

This is one of many since 2010. In fact the last was only in October 2015. One of three I think in the 2015 calendar year.

Most are not even reported on now, as it has become almost the norm to have a couple of WUP's every season, courtesy of HMRC.

So Sheriff's statement is bang on, unfortunately. Not the sort of press we need to be seeing at this crucial stage of re-building the team for next season.

Back