• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worrall to leave Blues after rejecting contract offer

I don't think there's any doubt that Brown can get the best out of players. He is very much a manager of runs - good and bad. When we have a good result we tend to follow it up with one or more good results. When we have a bad one, we go on a bad run and this brings out the worst in him - sniping at players in the Echo, wide-ranging changes every week when a tweak or two would be sufficient.

I remember one period in early 2014 where we didn't win for about 2 months and yet still made the playoffs which is astounding when you think about it.

So when Brown is in the mood he does get the best out of his players. Who can forget that excellent run towards the end of 2014/15 which so nearly won us automatic promotion. But unfortunately he is clueless when things are going badly.

Clueless is possibly a bit harsh Jai - after all he was the manager who turned the period in early 2014 when we didn't win for about 2 months (18th Jan until 24th March) into a team that only lost one of their last 11 games and made the play-offs. He must have had some influence during that time!

How are they achieving this?? Their average gate last season was 3,300

Because they have an extremely shrewd Chairman who has built an energy empire from virtually nothing in the space of 15 or so years - he is cash rich and ambitious. Our Chairman is broke and delusional.

Big spread in today's Echo from Worrall. Had we offered him a new contract earlier then he would probably have stayed. Lots of stuff about missing the other players, Southend are a good club etc, he couldn't understand why he wasn't selected more, PB made him a better player and so on. No doubt the Echo will publish it on here later.

Me neither ! .............. (him, not me)

Clueless is possibly a bit harsh Jai - after all he was the manager who turned the period in early 2014 when we didn't win for about 2 months (18th Jan until 24th March) into a team that only lost one of their last 11 games and made the play-offs. He must have had some influence during that time!

That's exactly what I mean though. Yes of course there has to be a moment when a good run turns into a bad run and vice versa but under Brown we really are Jekyll and Hyde. When he's good, he gets the best out of his players and leads an average set of players to perform above their level - the sign of a good manager. But when things aren't going well you'd be better off sticking Jeremy Kyle in there.

I'm not blinded by hate, I will give credit where it's due but Brown seems incredibly slow at offering contracts and very good and alienating them and making them feel unwanted.

There was clearly bust ups last season as our form absolutely nose dived and I can't say I'm shocked at the amount of players wanting out from under his management
Careful you Brown hater :winking: It really is getting to the point where people can't express a negative opinion on some of the things Brown has done without being labelled a "hater". A lot of people on this forum really need to grow up.

I'm sure Worrall is one of many who were perplexed by the inconsistent team selections and berating of players in the media.

Brown DOES have some good qualities but he also has some severe flaws that really showed up in the last few months.

Players cannot find a run of form by being picked for a couple of games then dropped for no apparent reason.

Worrall
Deegan
Payne

All gone and all badly handled in my opinion. Blaming agents is a cheap cop out.

Back on topic real shame about Worrall but with him claiming he didn't get an offer and Kavanagh claiming he did, clearly something doesn't add up here.

Interesting that Worrall says he would stay if he got offered a contract earlier. The club saying they did offer him a contract early on in the season.

Back on topic real shame about Worrall but with him claiming he didn't get an offer and Kavanagh claiming he did, clearly something doesn't add up here.
On the balance of probability would a player who has spent much of the season out of the team be offered a new contract early ? I don't think so, also interesting to see Worrall stating he had a good relationship with Ron, more to this than meets the eye.

I heard it was before, but if it was after then clearly disregard that post!

Careful you Brown hater :winking: It really is getting to the point where people can't express a negative opinion on some of the things Brown has done without being labelled a "hater". A lot of people on this forum really need to grow up.

I'm sure Worrall is one of many who were perplexed by the inconsistent team selections and berating of players in the media.

Brown DOES have some good qualities but he also has some severe flaws that really showed up in the last few months.

Players cannot find a run of form by being picked for a couple of games then dropped for no apparent reason.

Worrall
Deegan
Payne

All gone and all badly handled in my opinion. Blaming agents is a cheap cop out.

But have they not all expressed their public support for PB? I can see where you're coming from but their statements suggest otherwise, unless they're all hedging their bets for a big move to Bolton sometime.

My son met Worrall on a night out in Southend the week before the Bradford game, so the last week of April, he was out with another player whose girlfriend is also an acquaintance of my son. He spent a while in their company and, being a keen fan, he broached the subject with Worrall, Worrall was absolutely adamant that he would like to stay but that Blues had made no offer to him at all. This is something my son told me at the time as he was surprised that Worrall had had no contact over a contract.

Ultimately, assuming Worrall was being truthful with my son and has also gone into print saying the same, saying that he wasn't offered anything until early May which ties in with the timeline, then either Blues are telling porkies or, his agent was turning down offers without informing his/her client. If it is the latter then he needs to have a very serious look at who he has got representing him, I would suggest.
It is not unheard of for an agent to engineer a move for a bigger slice of the pie, not saying that that has happened in this case but the accounts that are in the public domain just don't tie up.
Personally if I'd been making offers to an employee and been continually knocked back over a period of time I think I might have mentioned it in passing at some point......

My son met Worrall on a night out in Southend the week before the Bradford game, so the last week of April, he was out with another player whose girlfriend is also an acquaintance of my son. He spent a while in their company and, being a keen fan, he broached the subject with Worrall, Worrall was absolutely adamant that he would like to stay but that Blues had made no offer to him at all. This is something my son told me at the time as he was surprised that Worrall had had no contact over a contract.

Ultimately, assuming Worrall was being truthful with my son and has also gone into print saying the same, saying that he wasn't offered anything until early May which ties in with the timeline, then either Blues are telling porkies or, his agent was turning down offers without informing his/her client. If it is the latter then he needs to have a very serious look at who he has got representing him, I would suggest.
It is not unheard of for an agent to engineer a move for a bigger slice of the pie, not saying that that has happened in this case but the accounts that are in the public domain just don't tie up.
Personally if I'd been making offers to an employee and been continually knocked back over a period of time I think I might have mentioned it in passing at some point......

But surely if the club are going to offer a player a new contract then they would inform not only the players agent but the player too.

You would have thought some mention would be made to the individual someway along the line, wouldn't you?

Even if it's only something like, 'Oh, David, we've been in touch with your agent about your contract.' Or, 'David, we've been in touch with your agent but he doesn't seem to be getting back to us.'

I don't know the background workings in football but even if Worrall had said for everything to go through his agent you would think that some throwaway comment would have been made that would have given him a clue that something was happening.

As I said, from what's in the public domain, something doesn't add up.....

But have they not all expressed their public support for PB? I can see where you're coming from but their statements suggest otherwise, unless they're all hedging their bets for a big move to Bolton sometime.
Deegan & Payne ? Not sure i've seen that. If I was their agent I would be saying "be nice" in the media, nobody is going to take on a player who has lambasted his previous manager.

Who knows what the truth is but there's a pattern of falling out with several players this season.

Back