• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC website reckons it was all four. I'm looking forward to 25 November with relish. I'm sure master tactitian PB will have a way of stopping him!!

I'm not relishing him running at Ferdinand with the ball!!

Huddersfield paid a fee they were likely to have paid had they waited for the tribunal to decide. This agreement may not have included add-ons as favourable as a tribunal verdict would have. But there could still be a sell-on. As nothing was disclosed, we're not to know.

Payne has been brilliant for them so far. He's really putting himself in the shop window. The move seems like the correct one thus far. He's a class player at this level. Also interesting to see him play 90 mins in nearly all the games he has played. Something Brown never did.

You OBVIOUSLY don't know what you're talking about-he usually gets taken off quite early,when he starts.Jjust look at their 2 previous games-Tues v Bury came on after 67 mins when they were 1-0 down-lost 3-0,then last Sat was subbed after 58 mins when 0-2 down to Walsall-finished 1-2.

No, Zeuss, i'm afraid your wrong, he doesn't "usually" get taken off early...... Payne has averaged 79 minutes of pitch time per game so far in the league this season.

The minutes played in each league match so far this season:

V Oldham - 96 minutes
V Portsmouth - 95 minutes
V Scunthorpe - 67 minutes
V Shrewsbury - 96 minutes
V Mk Dons - 96 minutes
V Gillingham - 66 minutes
V Bradford - 67 minutes
V Blackpool - 98 minutes
V Wallsall - 58 minutes
V Bury - 23 minutes (came on as a sub)
V Peterborough - 94 minutes
V Wimbledon - 71 minutes
V Bristol Rovers - 70 minutes
V Charlton - 93 minutes
V Rotherham - 95 minutes

Last edited:
You OBVIOUSLY don't know what you're talking about-he usually gets taken off quite early,when he starts.Jjust look at their 2 previous games-Tues v Bury came on after 67 mins when they were 1-0 down-lost 3-0,then last Sat was subbed after 58 mins when 0-2 down to Walsall-finished 1-2.

Wow, I hardly think that tone is entirely necessary. In most games, as the poster above has indicated, he has played 90+ mins. I think you need to check your facts before you start claiming someone 'obviously' doesn't know what their talking about.

Just to confirm, there is no sell on clause between Huddersfield and ourselves with regards to Jack Payne.

I see their manager delayed till half-time before taking him off in their 0-7 home defeat.

Why worry about it? He's nothing to do with SUFC.
I quite agree. I just think that the borderline stalking of Payne’s performances and sniping at him is unnecessary.

My previous post was tongue-in-cheek based on the final score. I’m guessing you already knew that. :winking:

I quite agree. I just think that the borderline stalking of Payne’s performances and sniping at him is unnecessary.

My previous post was tongue-in-cheek based on the final score. I’m guessing you already knew that. :winking:

Yes let’s bring a halt to any more fuss about this very ordinary performer.
He was duly dropped after that 0-7 defeat,but did get brought on(and booked) when they were winning at Gillingham(final score 1-1).
Lets just compare with a real talent by saying you won’t find a single Oxford supporter who wouldn’t rather have another diminutive attacking midfielder back:Kemal Roofe.

Back