• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When you lose to westham 4-1 you need to call all hands on deck, something must be wrong:smile:

Odd as he was doing great for Oxford, unless Blackburn are interested in a try before you buy maybe?

Reading the Oxford forum it sounds like Payne has been played as a Wide Midfielder in recent matches since Oxford have switched to 4-4-2. Maybe Huddersfield weren't pleased he was being played out of position and so they've found a club that will play him centrally?

Signs on loan to Blackburn Rovers for the remainder of the season.

Bit odd... still league one?
Not odd at all,unlikely to play very regularly at Championship level-when chosen to start at mid-table Oxford,he often got taken off at ,or soon after half-time.

Reading the Oxford forum it sounds like Payne has been played as a Wide Midfielder in recent matches since Oxford have switched to 4-4-2. Maybe Huddersfield weren't pleased he was being played out of position and so they've found a club that will play him centrally?

Or maybe Blackburn have agreed to pay more of Payne's wages than Oxford?

Personally I think it's more likely that it's with a view to a permanent move...

I really can't understand the amount of people on this forum who do not rate Payne and seem to want to criticise him at every opportunity, the vast majority of the Oxford supporters on the link that has been posted are sorry to see him go and recognise his undoubted quality and wish him well, just because he decided to leave Southend for a much higher wage elsewhere (like practically any sensible person would have done) a lot of people seem to want to see him fail, a very strange attitude, he always gave his all for Southend. I am sure he will do very well at Blackburn and has a very good opportunity of enjoying another promotion at the end of this season, something he seems to make a habit of doing! I for one would welcome him back to Southend with open arms, he would be a marked improvement on the majority of players currently gracing the (awful) turf at Roots Hall!!

I really can't understand the amount of people on this forum who do not rate Payne and seem to want to criticise him at every opportunity, the vast majority of the Oxford supporters on the link that has been posted are sorry to see him go and recognise his undoubted quality and wish him well, just because he decided to leave Southend for a much higher wage elsewhere (like practically any sensible person would have done) a lot of people seem to want to see him fail, a very strange attitude, he always gave his all for Southend. I am sure he will do very well at Blackburn and has a very good opportunity of enjoying another promotion at the end of this season, something he seems to make a habit of doing! I for one would welcome him back to Southend with open arms, he would be a marked improvement on the majority of players currently gracing the (awful) turf at Roots Hall!!

If this is directed at me I was only reporting from the Oxford forum that it sounds like he's struggled to adapt to their 4-4-2 formation (which is backed up by him not having a goal or an assist in the last 9 league matches), which isn't surprising since 4-4-2 doesn't use an attacking midfielder so he would have been out of position. I'd never want him to fail at a club, when utilised well he's easily championship quality.

No it wasn't directed at you in the slightest so apologies if that's how it has come across! It was directed at the numerous other posters who seem to think that Payne is a poor footballer who apparently wouldn't be welcome back here, which is laughable given the attacking quality currently at our disposal!

Jack Payne?
Lightweight and lacks pace, made a bad move too early and should have stayed with us for a couple more years. Can't see Payne playing any higher than Championship football.....Dru has some real class and will be interesting to see how he develops....could be a superstar!

Lightweight and lacks pace, made a bad move too early and should have stayed with us for a couple more years

So he should of sacrificed a large wage increase and be involved in a promotion season to the premier league to stay at southend. Wow, thats about as biast I've seen on here.

So he should of sacrificed a large wage increase and be involved in a promotion season to the premier league to stay at southend. Wow, thats about as biast I've seen on here.

Nope, but he has sacrificed his long term future for short term gain. He has been on two loans and both are are the level he left. Says a lot really

Lightweight and lacks pace, made a bad move too early and should have stayed with us for a couple more years. Can't see Payne playing any higher than Championship football.....Dru has some real class and will be interesting to see how he develops....could be a superstar!

I agree Jack is unlikely to ever make it to the premier league but I don't see why Huddersfield was a bad move for him, he played in 23 league matches for them that season and he's now playing in League 1, so it's not like he's gone backwards with them, he's just ended up back where he started.

Back