• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dean Austin

Get him in Ronald! Great bloke and would do brilliantly for us.

We've lost out on Powell, Austin is another one I would want instead of the clueless tangoed idiot.

Powell would surely take a managerial job over assistant under Mclaren?

Depends which club are offering you the number one slot. Ambitious Championship and PL clubs pay their assistants much more than Southend will pay a number one.

Why risk a steady job and a chance of managing in the Championship, to come to RH in our current state.

Appointed Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's assistant manager at Northampton.

Appointed caretaker manager at Northampton until the end of the season after Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was sacked today.

Big chance for him in the top job at last, although in tough circumstances.

But will be expected to get Northampton back into league one at the first attempt:omg:

Still big holes down the middle of the ex-Southend managers XI, not helped by Martin Allen leaving Barnet again

. ????????????
Dean Austin (Northampton) ?????? ???????? Chris Powell (Southend)
???????? ?????????????? ????????????? Nathan Jones (Luton)
. Neil Harris (Millwall) Mark Cooper (Forest Green)

Good luck Dean - gem of a player when with us.

As for Northampton - always a team that I have never warmed to despite the 4-4 games of the mid 80s (? was it then). Glad not to be visiting the soulless "stadium" that they now inhabit next season.

I recall a visit to Carlisle from my base in Yorkshire with Neville in goal and we lost 5-0

Back